Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Nikon D7000 anyone?

Nikon D7000 anyone?

Ed

I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. Here's why:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...00.html?cat=15

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

David J Taylor

> I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. Here's why:
> http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...00.html?cat=15
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ed

Go into your camera shop and handle the camera. Unless you already have
an investment in Nikon lenses, try other camera brands as well. Ease of
use of the camera, being able to make settings quickly, is important to
me, and may be to you as well. Almost any recent Nikon or Canon DSLR
camera is capable of excellent image quality, given a good lens, and the
D7000 is an excellent example.

I wasn't over-impressed with all the reasons in the article!

Cheers,
David

ASCII

Neil Harrington wrote:
>Ed wrote:
>> I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. Here's why:
>> http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...00.html?cat=15
>>
>> Thoughts?

>Definitely, my next Nikon DSLR. I'm in no particular hurry as I have plenty
>of Nikons already that are perfectly adequate for my purposes, but the D7000
>looks terrific.
>
>I agree with David that the "five reasons" given in that article are not in
>themselves so impressive. But a full review of the D7000 such as you can
>find on DPReview gives a much more complete picture of the camera and its
>capabilities, and much as I hate the regularly overused word "awesome" it
>does seem to me to apply in the case of the D7000.
>
>http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/

Also if there are any others that you might be leaning toward,
this could help make the decision; http://bit.ly/oe8PJA

Ed

On Sep 13, 1:16*am, "David J Taylor" <david-
(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. *Here's why:
> >http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...easons_to_buy_...

> > Thoughts?

> > Thanks in advance,

> > Ed

> Go into your camera shop and handle the camera. *Unless you already have
> an investment in Nikon lenses, try other camera brands as well. *Ease of
> use of the camera, being able to make settings quickly, is important to
> me, and may be to you as well. *Almost any recent Nikon or Canon DSLR
> camera is capable of excellent image quality, given a good lens, and the
> D7000 is an excellent example.
>
> I wasn't over-impressed with all the reasons in the article!
>
> Cheers,
> David

Thanks David.

Ed

On Sep 13, 5:11*am, ASCII <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Neil Harrington wrote:
> >Ed wrote:
> >> I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. *Here's why:
> >>http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...easons_to_buy_....

> >> Thoughts?

> >Definitely, my next Nikon DSLR. I'm in no particular hurry as I have plenty
> >of Nikons already that are perfectly adequate for my purposes, but the D7000
> >looks terrific.

> >I agree with David that the "five reasons" given in that article are notin
> >themselves so impressive. But a full review of the D7000 such as you can
> >find on DPReview gives a much more complete picture of the camera and its
> >capabilities, and much as I hate the regularly overused word "awesome" it
> >does seem to me to apply in the case of the D7000.

> >http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/

> Also if there are any others that you might be leaning toward,
> this could help make the decision;http://bit.ly/oe8PJA

Great link. Thank you.

Ed

On Sep 13, 2:07*am, "Neil Harrington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ed wrote:
> > I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. *Here's why:
> >http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...easons_to_buy_...

> > Thoughts?

> Definitely, my next Nikon DSLR. I'm in no particular hurry as I have plenty
> of Nikons already that are perfectly adequate for my purposes, but the D7000
> looks terrific.
>
> I agree with David that the "five reasons" given in that article are not in
> themselves so impressive. But a full review of the D7000 such as you can
> find on DPReview gives a much more complete picture of the camera and its
> capabilities, and much as I hate the regularly overused word "awesome" it
> does seem to me to apply in the case of the D7000.
>
> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond7000/

Thank you Neil.

Joe Makowiec

On 12 Sep 2011 in rec.photo.digital, Ed wrote:

> I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. Here's why:
> http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...easons_to_buy_
> the_nikon_d7000.html?cat=15
>
> Thoughts?

I just bought a D7000 to replace a D70. Great camera; the only downside
I've found so far is that the camera won't connect to the computer as a
storage device - it has to be a camera/imaging device.

I suppose that you could also consider the extensive menu system a
downside - it's got a ton of settings, although the out-of-the-box
settings will get you going quickly. It's big and solid. If you like a
lighter/smaller camera, it may be too big for you. The battery lasts
forever - I've had the camera about 2 months now, over 500 pictures, and
it's still on its first charge.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

Bruce

Joe Makowiec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 12 Sep 2011 in rec.photo.digital, Ed wrote:
>> I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. Here's why:
>> http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...easons_to_buy_
>> the_nikon_d7000.html?cat=15
>>
>> Thoughts?

>I just bought a D7000 to replace a D70. Great camera; the only downside
>I've found so far is that the camera won't connect to the computer as a
>storage device - it has to be a camera/imaging device.

Perhaps you should invest a few bucks in a card reader.

Joe Makowiec

On 13 Sep 2011 in rec.photo.digital, Bruce wrote:

> Joe Makowiec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>I just bought a D7000 to replace a D70. Great camera; the only
>>downside I've found so far is that the camera won't connect to the
>>computer as a storage device - it has to be a camera/imaging device.

> Perhaps you should invest a few bucks in a card reader.

Oh, don't get me wrong - I have no problem getting the images off the
cards. It's just that it's easier if I can plug in the camera and have
the computer treat it as a drive (as I could with the D70).

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Email: http://makowiec.org/contact/?Joe

David Dyer-Bennet

Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Joe Makowiec <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>On 12 Sep 2011 in rec.photo.digital, Ed wrote:
>>> I'm interested in buying the Nikon D7000. Here's why:
>>> http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...easons_to_buy_
>>> the_nikon_d7000.html?cat=15
>>>
>>> Thoughts?

>>I just bought a D7000 to replace a D70. Great camera; the only downside
>>I've found so far is that the camera won't connect to the computer as a
>>storage device - it has to be a camera/imaging device.

> Perhaps you should invest a few bucks in a card reader.

I've got half a dozen. I'm still highly annoyed when cameras and phones
and such won't connect as storage devices. It's an emergency procedure,
and having it not work is a pain.