Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] New Mandates! Get 'em While They're Hot!

Re: [SI] New Mandates! Get 'em While They're Hot!

PeterN

On 9/8/2011 1:30 PM, Bowser wrote:
> OK, it's time for new mandates! The Shoot-In Czar has decided on two for
> this round, each due in the next two months. The more challenging of the
> two is scheduled for November. Here you go:
>
> The Letter B: you all know how this game is played by now. Shoot a
> picture of something that begins with the letter B or contains the
> letter B. Samples in the gallery should say it all. This mandate is due
> October 9th, 2011.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_b

Blatantly boring baseball, basketball, bats & balls should be banned.
How about shots of the beef briskets & bisquet brigade, booming with
brooms to benefit & beautify a newly arrived bachelor, as he moves his
bedroom set into in his FL condominium?

> Haute/Hate Couture: this mandate suggestion generated quite a bit of
> discussion, so I threw in a slight wrinkle for those of us with little
> or no access to the "haute" side of the world. Can't wait to see the
> shots of the Wal-Mart shoppers. This mandate is due November 13th, 2011.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/couture
>
> For those of you new to the Shoot-In, please visit the rulz page for
> more information. The Shoot-In is a (sort of) monthly photography
> exercise where participants shoot pictures to match (mostly) the mandate
> of the month. As someone stated in a discussion here, not following the
> mandate results in a direct reduction of the prize money. OK, the truth
> is that there is no prize of any kind, just some good entertainment
> value and some critiques offered by other NG participants. Don't be shy!
> Be a shooter and send some pix!
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Can I combine the mandates with a beach couture shot?

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:53:15 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/8/2011 1:30 PM, Bowser wrote:
>> OK, it's time for new mandates! The Shoot-In Czar has decided on two for
>> this round, each due in the next two months. The more challenging of the
>> two is scheduled for November. Here you go:
>>
>> The Letter B: you all know how this game is played by now. Shoot a
>> picture of something that begins with the letter B or contains the
>> letter B. Samples in the gallery should say it all. This mandate is due
>> October 9th, 2011.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_b

>Blatantly boring baseball, basketball, bats & balls should be banned.
>How about shots of the beef briskets & bisquet brigade, booming with
>brooms to benefit & beautify a newly arrived bachelor, as he moves his
>bedroom set into in his FL condominium?
>

>> Haute/Hate Couture: this mandate suggestion generated quite a bit of
>> discussion, so I threw in a slight wrinkle for those of us with little
>> or no access to the "haute" side of the world. Can't wait to see the
>> shots of the Wal-Mart shoppers. This mandate is due November 13th, 2011.
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/couture
>>
>> For those of you new to the Shoot-In, please visit the rulz page for
>> more information. The Shoot-In is a (sort of) monthly photography
>> exercise where participants shoot pictures to match (mostly) the mandate
>> of the month. As someone stated in a discussion here, not following the
>> mandate results in a direct reduction of the prize money. OK, the truth
>> is that there is no prize of any kind, just some good entertainment
>> value and some critiques offered by other NG participants. Don't be shy!
>> Be a shooter and send some pix!
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

>Can I combine the mandates with a beach couture shot?

I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
Couture" or "B - Bottom".

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...s4fsN45-X3.jpg

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 9/8/2011 3:25 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 14:53:15 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 9/8/2011 1:30 PM, Bowser wrote:
>>> OK, it's time for new mandates! The Shoot-In Czar has decided on two for
>>> this round, each due in the next two months. The more challenging of the
>>> two is scheduled for November. Here you go:
>>>
>>> The Letter B: you all know how this game is played by now. Shoot a
>>> picture of something that begins with the letter B or contains the
>>> letter B. Samples in the gallery should say it all. This mandate is due
>>> October 9th, 2011.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/letter_b

>> Blatantly boring baseball, basketball, bats& balls should be banned.
>> How about shots of the beef briskets& bisquet brigade, booming with
>> brooms to benefit& beautify a newly arrived bachelor, as he moves his
>> bedroom set into in his FL condominium?
>>

>>> Haute/Hate Couture: this mandate suggestion generated quite a bit of
>>> discussion, so I threw in a slight wrinkle for those of us with little
>>> or no access to the "haute" side of the world. Can't wait to see the
>>> shots of the Wal-Mart shoppers. This mandate is due November 13th, 2011.
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/couture
>>>
>>> For those of you new to the Shoot-In, please visit the rulz page for
>>> more information. The Shoot-In is a (sort of) monthly photography
>>> exercise where participants shoot pictures to match (mostly) the mandate
>>> of the month. As someone stated in a discussion here, not following the
>>> mandate results in a direct reduction of the prize money. OK, the truth
>>> is that there is no prize of any kind, just some good entertainment
>>> value and some critiques offered by other NG participants. Don't be shy!
>>> Be a shooter and send some pix!
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

>> Can I combine the mandates with a beach couture shot?

> I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
> Couture" or "B - Bottom".
>
> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...s4fsN45-X3.jpg

That could have filled the S mandate too. I would save it for the D mandate.

--
Peter

Walter Banks

Bowser wrote:

> > I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
> > Couture" or "B - Bottom".
> >
> > http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...s4fsN45-X3.jpg
> >

> Hmmm... Butt shots. I hadn't thought of that.

Bummer...

PeterN

On 9/9/2011 1:41 PM, Walter Banks wrote:

> Bowser wrote:
>

>>> I think I could enter this photo from Miami Beach last year as "Beach
>>> Couture" or "B - Bottom".
>>>
>>> http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/photos...s4fsN45-X3.jpg
>>>

>> Hmmm... Butt shots. I hadn't thought of that.

Hope my doctor never confuses a butt light with a Bud light.

--
Peter

While deploying application on AIX I got this error. while it's working fine on windows Sam Java 0 06-21-2006 06:26 AM
while loop in a while loop Steven Java 5 03-30-2005 09:19 PM
Help while error "Error while trying to run project:" David ASP .Net 1 07-19-2004 08:41 PM
Got error msg while Debugging : Error while trying to run project: ... ^CrazyCoder^ ASP .Net 3 09-15-2003 09:40 AM

Advertisments