Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Software > Adding line break to HTML textarea

Adding line break to HTML textarea

probodha probodha is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

Im doing a web site and i let the user comment on my web site using a textarea.
I use mysql database to store the user feedback.
when it is saved, all the line breaks will be replaced with 'rn' characters.
so when retreiving it will not diplay the line breaks rather it would display the 'rn' characters.

i have found one solution, but it is not reliable..

I need to know a better way to display the comment with proper line breaks.

thanks in advance.