Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > VirtualphoneLine

VirtualphoneLine

Steve

Hi,

I tried to use VirtualphoneLine.
They seems to be quite restrictive. I have top make sure that the
incoming call is in the [default] context.
OK, fine... I did it.
Now, the incoming call is rejected, because the IP address is not
allowed.

OK fine.. How do you tell your Asterisk server that you accept calls from
a specific IP address ?

Ta.

Brian A

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:42:31 +0200, Steve wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use VirtualphoneLine.
> They seems to be quite restrictive. I have top make sure that the
> incoming call is in the [default] context. OK, fine... I did it.
> Now, the incoming call is rejected, because the IP address is not
> allowed.
>
> OK fine.. How do you tell your Asterisk server that you accept calls
> from a specific IP address ?
>
> Ta.

Have you got full access to the set up of this Asterisk server? Are you
using a web GUI or just setting up the files? Is there a problem in the
router? I have never come across rejection of external IP. If you have
set up a particular DID reference and that is not correctly formed then I
can see that wouldn't work but rejection of an IP by asterisk seems odd.
What about ports and codecs are these compatible?

--
'Sign' the Government ePetition:
"Mobile phone data should be free to use, unhindered, in any way you

Bob Eager

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:42:31 +0200, Steve wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to use VirtualphoneLine.
> They seems to be quite restrictive. I have top make sure that the
> incoming call is in the [default] context. OK, fine... I did it.
> Now, the incoming call is rejected, because the IP address is not
> allowed.
>
> OK fine.. How do you tell your Asterisk server that you accept calls
> from a specific IP address ?

You normally set IP restrictions in sip.conf.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org