Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > When will HD googles make their appearance for home theatre?

When will HD googles make their appearance for home theatre?

RichA

No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. I mean high resolution goggles
you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
distance of 10ft? Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
pairs for this purpose. Previous viewing goggles have been low
resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
technology. But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
distracting environments around conventional screens or video
projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
material. They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
sized TV screens as well as being portable.

Obveeus

"RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. I mean high resolution goggles
> you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
> distance of 10ft? Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
> resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
> pairs for this purpose. Previous viewing goggles have been low
> resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
> technology. But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
> distracting environments around conventional screens or video
> projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
> material. They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
> sized TV screens as well as being portable.

That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

moviePig

On Sep 7, 5:45*pm, "Obveeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. *I mean high resolution goggles
> > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
> > distance of 10ft? *Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
> > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
> > pairs for this purpose. *Previous viewing goggles have been low
> > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
> > technology. *But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
> > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
> > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
> > material. *They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
> > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

> That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

Fwiw, by year end supposedly, you can buy Sony goggles for $800 that
provide binocular 3d at 720p. (As you might expect, this also
includes 2d.) And, don't worry about driving, because Geordie used
them while flying the Enterprise... (albeit, his insurance premium
was a bitch...)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

nick

On Sep 7, 5:45*pm, "Obveeus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "RichA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. *I mean high resolution goggles
> > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
> > distance of 10ft? *Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
> > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
> > pairs for this purpose. *Previous viewing goggles have been low
> > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
> > technology. *But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
> > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
> > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
> > material. *They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
> > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

> That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

Rich lives in Toronto. He can wear the HD goggles when he's on the
bus watching movies on his iPhone.

Tom

On Sep 7, 8:05*pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> moviePig <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-
> (E-Mail Removed):

> goggles

> >> That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

> > Fwiw, by year end supposedly, you can buy Sony goggles for $800 that
> > provide binocular 3d at 720p. *(As you might expect, this also
> > includes 2d.) *And, don't worry about driving, because Geordie used
> > them while flying the Enterprise... *(albeit, his insurance premium
> > was a bitch...)

> He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
the helmsman, idiot.

Tom

Tom

On Sep 7, 8:04*pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:3c8998a1-e527-44b1-b4cf-
> (E-Mail Removed):

> goggles

> >> That way, instead of texting, you can watch a movie while driving.

> > Rich lives in Toronto. *He can wear the HD goggles when he's on the
> > bus watching movies on his iPhone.

> 2 Things never to use: *Buses and ANYTHING from Apple.

You use technology from Apple everyday.

Tom

moviePig

On Sep 7, 9:15*pm, Tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 8:05*pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > moviePig <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-
> > (E-Mail Removed):

> > goggles

> > > Fwiw, by year end supposedly, you can buy Sony goggles for $800 that
> > > provide binocular 3d at 720p. *(As you might expect, this also
> > > includes 2d.) *And, don't worry about driving, because Geordie used
> > > them while flying the Enterprise... *(albeit, his insurance premium
> > > was a bitch...)

> > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

> He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
> the helmsman, idiot.

To tell the truth, I'd have made the joke if he were the
stewardess ...because when I saw the Sony goggles, I thought "LeVar!"

http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2011/...ew-3d-headset/

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Tom

On Sep 7, 9:57*pm, moviePig <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 9:15*pm, Tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 7, 8:05*pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > > moviePig <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-
> > > (E-Mail Removed):

> > > goggles

> > > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

> > He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
> > the helmsman, idiot.

> To tell the truth, I'd have made the joke if he were the
> stewardess ...because when I saw the Sony goggles, I thought "LeVar!"
>
> * *http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2011/...ew-3d-headset/
>
> --
>
> - - - - - - - -
> * YOUR taste at work...
> * *http://www.moviepig.com

LeVar!

It works!

Those do freakishly resemble his visor...

Tom

Obveeus

"moviePig" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sep 7, 9:15 pm, Tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Sep 7, 8:05 pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> > moviePig <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6469f714-b8e0-4987-a0bf-

>> > He was the engineer, not the navigator or helmsman.

>> He wasn't the engineer until season three. Seasons one and two he was
>> the helmsman, idiot.

>To tell the truth, I'd have made the joke if he were the
>stewardess ...because when I saw the Sony goggles, I thought "LeVar!"
>
> http://www.wallstreetdaily.com/2011/...ew-3d-headset/

That headset doesn't look much like Geordi's visor to me. Now, if someone
were to offer up a picture of banana clip hair band:
http://www.myheadcoverings.com/head-...lip-58p109.htm
and compare that to what Geordi wore on his face:
http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/45443...generation.jpg

RichA

On Sep 7, 9:16*pm, Tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 7, 8:04*pm, Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > nick <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:3c8998a1-e527-44b1-b4cf-
> > (E-Mail Removed):

> > goggles

> > > Rich lives in Toronto. *He can wear the HD goggles when he's on the
> > > bus watching movies on his iPhone.

> > 2 Things never to use: *Buses and ANYTHING from Apple.

> You use technology from Apple everyday.
>
> Tom

Don't hurt your knees when you worship at their altar. I f----- HATE
that company and their soon to be dead PHONY ex-CEO.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/mobile/...tml?hpt=te_bn2