Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > When will HD googles make their appearance for home theatre?

When will HD googles make their appearance for home theatre?

nick

On Sep 8, 1:17*pm, Anthony Buckland <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 07/09/2011 2:43 PM, RichA wrote:
>
> > No, I don't mean frigging 3D goggles. *I mean high resolution goggles
> > you can wear, producing something like a 100 inch virtual screen at a
> > distance of 10ft? *Sony (in their cameras) now have pretty high
> > resolution EVF (electronic viewfinders) and they could be used in
> > pairs for this purpose. *Previous viewing goggles have been low
> > resolution with annoying lag-times thanks to primitive LCD
> > technology. *But it would be a good idea, providing isolation from
> > distracting environments around conventional screens or video
> > projections and (ideally) the best possible view of a source
> > material. *They would also be much cheaper than high-grade, large-
> > sized TV screens as well as being portable.

> While this thread has wandered off into multiple
> diversions, I googled HD goggles and got multiple
> opportunities to watch demos of ski goggles that
> can record a run as a movie -- looked high enough
> definition to impress me. *And I started to wonder
> whether people have tried buying a pair, wearing them
> all day (with sufficient battery power backup)
> and producing a private version of The Truman Show.

One of the high school kids in Scream IV does that.

David Dyer-Bennet

On Sep 8, 4:02*pm, Bill Steele <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Moving your head around while watching a supposedly stable scene might
> produce some serious mental conflicts. *Maybe even worse if you're
> watching something like The Office or the Blair Witch Project.

Doesn't seem to bother people in movies or art galleries.

But I believe research in goggles has turned
up a tendency to produce vertigo in some
people.

RichA

On Sep 9, 9:54*am, George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 9/8/11 9:35 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed),
>

> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> >news:CA8E31C0.7776E%(E-Mail Removed):

> >> On 9/8/11 8:36 AM, in article
> >> (E-Mail Removed), "trotsky"

> >> That's like asking if a wild bear shits in the woods...

> > You really do date yourself with things like that, geezer.

> You are reflecting again, pessimist.

Pessimist? I can't wait for good home theatre goggles to come out.
That was the subject of the thread, right?

moviePig

On Sep 9, 11:50*am, David Dyer-Bennet <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sep 8, 4:02*pm, Bill Steele <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Moving your head around while watching a supposedly stable scene might
> > produce some serious mental conflicts. *Maybe even worse if you're
> > watching something like The Office or the Blair Witch Project.

> Doesn't seem to bother people in movies or art galleries.
>
> But I believe research in goggles has turned
> up a tendency to produce vertigo in some
> people.

....and pregnancy in others. Pick a side-effect, any side-effect...

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

PeterN

On 9/9/2011 5:13 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 21:35:25 -0500, Rich<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> George Kerby<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:CA8E31C0.7776E%(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>> On 9/8/11 8:36 AM, in article
>>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "trotsky"

>>> That's like asking if a wild bear shits in the woods...
>>>

>> You really do date yourself with things like that, geezer.

> Well, where do wild bears ****?

this time of year, on the rocks while catching fish.
Where else?

--
Peter

PeterN

On 9/9/2011 3:58 PM, Anthony Buckland wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 11:57 AM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 9/8/2011 1:26 PM, moviePig wrote:

>>> All the longing for these goggles raises the question of whether
>>> 'frigging' is an adjective or a gerund...
>>>

>> frigging in the rigging is a verb.
>>

> And also an extremely hazardous practice on a sailing ship,
> especially in rough weather.

Pointing facts out to Rich isn't dangerous, but is is frigging in the
rigging.

--
Peter

Ray Fischer

RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Sep 8, 9:36*am, trotsky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 9/8/11 7:21 AM, RichA wrote:
>> > Don't hurt your knees when you worship at their altar. *I f----- HATE
>> > that company and their soon to be dead PHONY ex-CEO.

>> Come on, Rich, for variety's sake couldn't you just try to sound the
>> slightest bit sane?

>As if APPLE users are sane! Check the story on Apple user's
>brainwaves and religious fanatics being the same!!!

Shorter version: "HELL NO!"

(E-Mail Removed) | The new GOP ideal

John Turco

RichA wrote:

> > On Sep 7, 9:16 pm, Tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<edited for breivity>

> > You use technology from Apple everyday.
> >
> > Tom

> Don't hurt your knees when you worship at their altar. I f----- HATE
> that company and their soon to be dead PHONY ex-CEO.

<edited>

"Bruce" can defend you all he wants to. As far as I'm concerned, you've
just conclusively proved your true nature:

TROLL!!!!

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>