Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JavaMail TLS problems with Java 7?

JavaMail TLS problems with Java 7?

Knute Johnson

Anybody using Java 7 and STARTTLS with JavaMail? I am getting an error
that says it can't start the TLS because of a Diffie-Hellman problem.
There is an old bug about DH and I don't know if this is related. This
program ran fine in Java 6 but won't work now in 7.

I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

Thanks,

--

Knute Johnson
s/nospam/knute2011/

Joshua Cranmer

On 9/6/2011 4:54 PM, Knute Johnson wrote:
> Anybody using Java 7 and STARTTLS with JavaMail? I am getting an error
> that says it can't start the TLS because of a Diffie-Hellman problem.
> There is an old bug about DH and I don't know if this is related. This
> program ran fine in Java 6 but won't work now in 7.
>
> I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
> searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

Out of curiosity, I happened to be wondering at the state of OpenJDK 7
in Debian's packages, and there is a bug mentioned there about SSL not
working: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638008>. I
don't know if it's the same problem, though.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

Knute Johnson

On 9/6/2011 5:28 PM, Joshua Cranmer wrote:
> On 9/6/2011 4:54 PM, Knute Johnson wrote:
>> Anybody using Java 7 and STARTTLS with JavaMail? I am getting an error
>> that says it can't start the TLS because of a Diffie-Hellman problem.
>> There is an old bug about DH and I don't know if this is related. This
>> program ran fine in Java 6 but won't work now in 7.
>>
>> I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
>> searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

> Out of curiosity, I happened to be wondering at the state of OpenJDK 7
> in Debian's packages, and there is a bug mentioned there about SSL not
> working: <http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638008>. I
> don't know if it's the same problem, though.

I think it is a different problem but maybe a symptom of the same disease.

--

Knute Johnson

Roedy Green

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 14:54:12 -0700, Knute Johnson
who said :

>I'm just curious if anybody else has run into any problems. I've been
>searching but haven't found anything related to version 7.

The main thing I have discovered about Java 7 is it gets the country
local wrong on Windows. I doubt though that would explain your
problem.

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Re: TLS problems Roedy Green Java 0 07-14-2009 03:40 PM
PIX causing problems with TLS esmtp session pfisterfarm Cisco 0 02-27-2009 08:58 PM
Explicit FTPS (auth tls on 21) problems. chem Cisco 0 02-26-2008 06:36 PM
Problems compiling Java-Prog with gcj using JavaMail (mail.jar) and JAF (activation.jar) Matthias Griem Java 6 02-08-2008 02:08 AM
Problems with EAP-TLS with smart cards jr Wireless Networking 1 06-23-2006 09:20 PM

Advertisments