Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > De-serializing an object with missing child classes

De-serializing an object with missing child classes

raphfrk@gmail.com

On Sep 7, 12:45*pm, Andreas Leitgeb <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Since then, for some reason, some class files are "irrecoverably lost"
> (or maybe just not shipped in some stripped down distribution of his sw),
> and the task is *NOT* to recover those lost classes, but to recover just
> those other objects whose .class files are still available. The data for
> the instances of the lost classes should just be discarded, and a null
> written instead of the actual instance.

The issue was a plugin system where it would save data associated with
a plugin (or maybe even that the plugin is loaded later).