Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco 2600XM and external eth DSL modem

Re: Cisco 2600XM and external eth DSL modem

Rob

Elia S. <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> How should I configure an external adsl modem?
>
> Thank you

When I was still using the ADSL lines, I had them configured
in "SIP Spoof" mode and connected to an ethernet interface (in
fact on a VLAN via a VLAN-capable switch) with standard config
for ethernet.
Advantage is that you don't have any NAT in the modem.

It seems like it is becoming more and more difficult to obtain
an ADSL modem that is just a modem, no builtin NAT router.
(although it is good that you don't use PPPoA, this makes everything
much worse but unfortunately is used by most local ISPs here)

What type of modem do you use?

Re: Cisco 2600XM and external eth DSL modem David Cisco 0 09-07-2011 08:50 PM
Ethernet IP phone (Cisco like) on eth port of an IAD edo UK VOIP 1 09-20-2006 04:06 PM
cisco lost ping on eth Korn Cisco 0 08-15-2004 10:49 PM
Cisco 2600XM and 1751-V memory Rob Cisco 3 05-11-2004 09:38 AM

Advertisments