Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is due soon!

Re: [SI] Dusk or Dawn is due soon!

PeterN

On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
> lately. The gallery will be here:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>
> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

Any chance we can get the next mandate[s]

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:20:11 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>>>
>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

>> Any chance we can get the next mandate[s]
>>

>I'm open to suggestions...

1. What Bruce would have submitted if Bruce ever submitted.

2. What Noonsie would have submitted if Noonsie ever submitted.

3. Best and Worst HDR. (Same photo may be entered for both)

4. Best religious icon not found in Peru.

5. Candid shot of airline traveler not carrying a Mac.

6. Table-Top photography of plastic objects that are better
than the metal version of the same product.

7. Table-Top photography of metalworking tin can art project.

8. Flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake backyard photos.

9. Journalism category: SWAT team iPhone Recovery Unit photos.

10. Travel & Nature category: Rare moths found on Carnival Cruise
Line vessel closets.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:49:08 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
><(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> I'm open to suggestions...

>> Haute Couture.

>Hate "Haute Couture"!
>
>I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.

I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
in one.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Tim Conway

"tony cooper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:20:11 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate[s]
>>>

>>I'm open to suggestions...

> 1. What Bruce would have submitted if Bruce ever submitted.
>
> 2. What Noonsie would have submitted if Noonsie ever submitted.
>
> 3. Best and Worst HDR. (Same photo may be entered for both)
>
> 4. Best religious icon not found in Peru.
>
> 5. Candid shot of airline traveler not carrying a Mac.
>
> 6. Table-Top photography of plastic objects that are better
> than the metal version of the same product.
>
> 7. Table-Top photography of metalworking tin can art project.
>
> 8. Flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake backyard photos.
>
> 9. Journalism category: SWAT team iPhone Recovery Unit photos.
>
> 10. Travel & Nature category: Rare moths found on Carnival Cruise
> Line vessel closets.

LOL love it, just love it!

PeterN

On 9/5/2011 2:12 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 13:20:11 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Any chance we can get the next mandate[s]
>>>

>> I'm open to suggestions...

> 1. What Bruce would have submitted if Bruce ever submitted.
>
> 2. What Noonsie would have submitted if Noonsie ever submitted.
>
> 3. Best and Worst HDR. (Same photo may be entered for both)
>
> 4. Best religious icon not found in Peru.
>
> 5. Candid shot of airline traveler not carrying a Mac.
>
> 6. Table-Top photography of plastic objects that are better
> than the metal version of the same product.
>
> 7. Table-Top photography of metalworking tin can art project.
>
> 8. Flood, hurricane, tornado, or earthquake backyard photos.
>
> 9. Journalism category: SWAT team iPhone Recovery Unit photos.
>
> 10. Travel& Nature category: Rare moths found on Carnival Cruise
> Line vessel closets.

ROFL

--
Peter

PeterN

On 9/5/2011 1:49 PM, Savageduck wrote:
> On 2011-09-05 10:46:40 -0700, Alan Browne
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

>>> I'm open to suggestions...

>> Haute Couture.

> Hate "Haute Couture"!
>
> I live in T-shirt & Levis circles.

OK!
How about Jeans & T-shirts.

--
Peter

PeterN

On 9/5/2011 1:20 PM, Bowser wrote:
> On 9/4/2011 6:46 PM, PeterN wrote:
>> On 9/4/2011 4:51 PM, Bowser wrote:
>>> Just a reminder that Dusk or Dawn shots are due in about a week
>>> (Septebmer 12th). And yes, my shots are "dusk." TDL to get up early
>>> lately. The gallery will be here:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>>>
>>> The Shoot-Inis a monthly (sort of) gallery of photos shot to fit a
>>> mandate. There are no prizes or awards, just some friendly critiques and
>>> some entertainment. For more info, please visit the Rulz page:
>>>
>>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

>> Any chance we can get the next mandate[s]
>>

> I'm open to suggestions...

At the Zoo

Wild birds

My favorite local gin mill

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:20:54 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 9/5/2011 1:46 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

>>> I'm open to suggestions...

>> Haute Couture.
>>

>I don't know what that is. Must be a good subject.

As I have mentioned before, while I live in Florida I am a native
Hoosier. Thus, I can explain what Haute Coutre is: it is the fashion
seen on the streets in Terre Haute, Indiana. Something like this:

http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-cont.../10/Farmer.jpg

Coutre's Haberdashery & Harness Shop has been the place where Terre
Hauteans have purchased their straw hats for both men and mules since
1916 when the grandfather of the current owner, Ezra Coutre, emigrated
to the US after deserting when his French 2nd Colonial Division was
sent to Verdun.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Pete A

On 2011-09-06 01:24:46 +0100, tony cooper said:

> On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 18:20:54 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Haute Couture.
>>>

>> I don't know what that is. Must be a good subject.

> As I have mentioned before, while I live in Florida I am a native
> Hoosier. Thus, I can explain what Haute Coutre is: it is the fashion
> seen on the streets in Terre Haute, Indiana. Something like this:
>
> http://listsoplenty.com/blog/wp-cont.../10/Farmer.jpg
>
> Coutre's Haberdashery & Harness Shop has been the place where Terre
> Hauteans have purchased their straw hats for both men and mules since
> 1916 when the grandfather of the current owner, Ezra Coutre, emigrated
> to the US after deserting when his French 2nd Colonial Division was
> sent to Verdun.

Wench in a harness?

PeterN

On 9/5/2011 6:06 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2011-09-05 14:56 , Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2011-09-05 11:26:07 -0700, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> said:

>>> I don't think Alan is suggesting that you wear a custom-fitted
>>> original designer dress. I think he means that you photograph someone
>>> in one.

>> As I said, with my current social life of a stump, those are certainly
>> not the fashion circles I mix in.
>> I might be able to capture some candid street shot of a wench who was
>> making some sort of contemporary fashion statement, tasteful, or not.

> Haute Couture and tasteful are not mutually inclusive by default.

But they usually can easily be.

--
Peter