Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Subject change: Back to photos

Subject change: Back to photos

tony cooper

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:11:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Photos of what? And how did your namby pamby whimpering divert the
>topic shown in the Subject line suddenly evolve to photography..mine?

It's called "thread drift". We do it in this group when the original
subject gets boring. Just for you, though, I've changed the Subject
line. I also cut a few groups.

>Heres one...
>
>https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...03197075833426

It's a good shot, good composition, and deliberately "soft". It needs
a boost in the contrast, though.

>and another....
>
>https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...33671216025586

Excellent shot. The added contrast here, with the blacks very black,
forces the eye to focus on the kitten's "face". If you have an
editing program, you might paint over that area around the ear in
black. It's obviously a scan of a print, but you can crop it so the
edges of the print don't show.

>And yet another
>
>https://picasaweb.google.com/1040422...13288874630834

The screen door (?) in front of her makes a rather ordinary snapshot
into a rather interesting shot. Good eye.

Some of your other shots (I clicked the arrow) aren't bad at all.
Since they are scans, they're a bit lacking in detail, but with the
cats that can be a good effect.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

tony cooper

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 23:52:43 -0700, Gunner Asch <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Got any photos of your own I could look at?

Go to: http://www.pbase.com/shootin

and you will a multi-gallery of photos taken by several regulars in
this photography newsgroup. Mine included, but mine are seldom the
best of the bunch.

The "Shoot-In" is an about-every-month theme-based group of
submissions. The moderator comes up with a mandate, and we can each
submit three photos on that subject. No prizes or winners, but
sometimes critiques of the shots follow in the newsgroup.

You might start with "Weapons", since that subject matter is of
interest to you.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida