Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > The size of win 7sp1 in general

The size of win 7sp1 in general

Drew

Just wondering how large 64bit win7 sp1 fully updated is or should be. I
originally installed it on a 40gig Intel ssd and I am running out of
space now. Also any other ssd's that are comparable with the Intel x25 ssd?

hp

On 9/3/2011 11:52 AM, Drew wrote:
> Just wondering how large 64bit win7 sp1 fully updated is or should be. I
> originally installed it on a 40gig Intel ssd and I am running out of
> space now. Also any other ssd's that are comparable with the Intel x25 ssd?

Have you explored deleting all the left over files from all the updates
once you are satisfied that the mountain of updates worked?

Also, I think there is another folder where backups of all that is kept,
and there are a lot of files there that can be deleted also.

I think I did this to xp x64 and it free'd up about 1.3 giggles fairly
easily and painlessly. There are links and sites online that discuss
what can be deleted. Also maybe once you are happy things are
functioning smoothly, maybe turning off system restore, letting that
clean out that folder, then turning it back on and establishing a fresh
restore point, you may free up a lot more space.

Carlos

Drew,
http://www.ghacks.net/2011/02/23/rem...up-disk-space/
You may also want to reduce the recycler bin size.

Carlos

On 3 sep, 12:52, Drew <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Just wondering how large 64bit win7 sp1 fully updated is or should be. I
> originally installed it on a 40gig Intel ssd and I am running out of
> space now. Also any other ssd's that are comparable with the Intel x25 ssd?

Drew

Carlos. I do not keep my backup on this drive.I have always sent that to
a different drive. Thanks for the info though.