Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Freeview, Otautahi, UHF...

Freeview, Otautahi, UHF...

Frank Williams

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:07:35 +1200, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Your Name)
wrote:

>In article <j41trq$3bh$(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 9/4/2011 10:10 AM, Your Name wrote:
>> > In article<j3si5t$217$(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> The mysky is much better with its aspect handling. I dont get how they
>> can sell the service with the old boxes when they have no way to send a
>> 4:3 channel to a widescreen TV and have it display correctly. Ironically
>> they do support letterboxing the normal wide channels onto an old 4:3
>> screen.

>You can't make 4:3 fit widescreen "correctly" (whether that's old shows or
>old broadcast format). You're stuck with either black borders or a
>stretched image - you can't magically make up data that isn't there.

What a Load of Utter Crap, about 25% might be in 4:3, may me thinks you
should get a Real Freeview TV then uou will se it all.

Your Name

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:07:35 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name)
> wrote:

Richard<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> The mysky is much better with its aspect handling. I dont get how they
> >> can sell the service with the old boxes when they have no way to send a
> >> 4:3 channel to a widescreen TV and have it display correctly. Ironically
> >> they do support letterboxing the normal wide channels onto an old 4:3
> >> screen.

> >You can't make 4:3 fit widescreen "correctly" (whether that's old shows or
> >old broadcast format). You're stuck with either black borders or a
> >stretched image - you can't magically make up data that isn't there.

> What a Load of Utter Crap, about 25% might be in 4:3, may me thinks you
> should get a Real Freeview TV then uou will se it all.

Here we go again. Some numbskull hasn't any clue what they're jabbering on
about, so suddenly changes the subject to suit themselves. Believe
whatever utter garbage makes you want to - I don't have the time nor the
inclination to bother trying to convince you of reality. :-\

Donchano

On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:10:27 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name)
shouted from the highest rooftop:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Sep 2011 09:07:35 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Your Name)
>> wrote:

>> >You can't make 4:3 fit widescreen "correctly" (whether that's old shows or
>> >old broadcast format). You're stuck with either black borders or a
>> >stretched image - you can't magically make up data that isn't there.

>> What a Load of Utter Crap, about 25% might be in 4:3, may me thinks you
>> should get a Real Freeview TV then uou will se it all.

>Here we go again. Some numbskull hasn't any clue what they're jabbering on
>about, so suddenly changes the subject to suit themselves. Believe
>whatever utter garbage makes you want to - I don't have the time nor the
>inclination to bother trying to convince you of reality. :-\

Changed the subject? Looks the same as the op to me.