Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Generally, are the programs written by C++ slower than written by C10% ?

Generally, are the programs written by C++ slower than written by C10% ?

Miles Bader

Joshua Maurice <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>> > This isn't true for my experience of Linux with gcc.

>> Here's an example:

> Indeed. As I said, that's how things work on Linux.

Ah, ok; I thought when you said "this isn't true for my experience of
Linux with gcc", you were _disagreeing_ with what I said...

-Miles

--
"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that
there can't be a god. He only has to be someone who believes that the

Joshua Maurice

On Sep 12, 6:20*pm, Miles Bader <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> Here's an example:

> > Indeed. As I said, that's how things work on Linux.

> Ah, ok; I thought when you said "this isn't true for my experience of
> Linux with gcc", you were _disagreeing_ with what I said...
>
> -Miles
>
> --
> "An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that
> there can't be a god. *He only has to be someone who believes that the
> evidence on the God question is at a similar level to the evidence on
> the werewolf question." *[John McCarthy]

Ah, my mistake. I totally wrote that in a way that the wrong thing was
said. My apologies.

Jorgen Grahn

On Fri, 2011-09-09, Ian Collins wrote:
> On 09/ 9/11 04:39 PM, BGB wrote:

[copy & paste programming]

>> but, otherwise, one ends up with lots of centralized code that ends up
>> being depended on by lots of potentially unrelated things.

> Just like the standard library!

I mostly disagree with "BGB", but there *is* an additional cost in
making some piece of code reusable and making a library out of it.
(The cost of doing it well, or the cost of doing it badly.)

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
\X/ snipabacken.se> O o .