Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cannot bind to tcp/ip

Cannot bind to tcp/ip

=?Utf-8?B?Um9zbWFuIENvbXB1dGluZw==?=

My laptop originally had windows 98. I installed a Linksys wpc54gs wireless
adapter and it worked fine. Then I upgraded the operating system to Windows
XP, and then did the Linksys wireless adapter routine. It no longer can
connect to my router...even after I had Linksys tech support on the phone.
When i run "IPCONFIG" it gives this message: "Internal error
occured...contact microsoft product support....error: cannot query host name"
Linksys says it is unable to bind tcp/ip.
My wireless card can see networks now, but can't connect to it. Something
must have happened during the upgrade to the laptop's tcp/ip software...i
tried gooing to add/remove windows components, then removing networking, then
adding it, and i still get the same results.
Is there something i can do or install to bring this ability back?
thanks,bill

Malke

Rosman Computing wrote:

> My laptop originally had windows 98. I installed a Linksys wpc54gs
> wireless adapter and it worked fine. Then I upgraded the operating
> system to Windows XP, and then did the Linksys wireless adapter
> routine. It no longer can connect to my router...even after I had
> Linksys tech support on the phone. When i run "IPCONFIG" it gives this
> message: "Internal error occured...contact microsoft product
> support....error: cannot query host name" Linksys says it is unable to
> bind tcp/ip. My wireless card can see networks now, but can't connect
> to it. Something must have happened during the upgrade to the laptop's
> tcp/ip software...i tried gooing to add/remove windows components,
> then removing networking, then adding it, and i still get the same
> results. Is there something i can do or install to bring this ability
> back? thanks,bill

Uninstall the Linksys and then go to the laptop mftr.'s website for your
specific model machine and download drivers and other laptop software
for XP. After you've installed drivers and any other available software
(like power management, etc.) for XP, try installing the Linksys.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com