Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: PeterN, Tony and others along the East Coast

Re: OT: PeterN, Tony and others along the East Coast

Ray Fischer

>I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
What else is important?

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) | The new GOP ideal

Irwell

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 20:28:11 -0500, George Kerby wrote:

> On 8/28/11 2:39 PM, in article 4e5a9984$0$2178$(E-Mail Removed), "Ray
> Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

>> Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
>> What else is important?
>>

> So do earthquakes. Are your ready?

I always leave the OIS switched on.

Ray Fischer

George Kerby <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 8/28/11 2:39 PM, in article 4e5a9984$0$2178$(E-Mail Removed), "Ray
>Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

>> Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
>> What else is important?
>>

>So do earthquakes.

Nah. They're almost all boring and over too quickly.

(E-Mail Removed) | The new GOP ideal

Lucid Lunatic

On 29/08/2011 5:39 AM, Ray Fischer wrote:
> Savageduck<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.

> Bad weather provides opportunities for good photos.
> What else is important?

Bad weather provides opportunities for testing your camera's weather
sealing. It also provides opportunities for drowned cameras -if your
weather sealing tests fail.

I might look a bit odd, but I use my dive housing in really bad weather,
don't miss a thing and if I bump or drop it (dodging falling branches
etc.) it doesn't matter.