Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: OT: PeterN, Tony and others along the East Coast

Re: OT: PeterN, Tony and others along the East Coast

tony cooper

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
>I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
>Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.

I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
much more than some storms, wind, and rain.

However, I was in Home Depot twice this week and people are buying
plywood sheets, blue tarps, and hurricane supplies. It's not a rush
like we've had in the past where batteries were not available in any
store, but plywood is going out the door.

I'm thinking of buying some tarps. I've got some older trees with
limbs hanging over my house and there's always the chance of one
blowing down on the roof. That's happened once this year in a regular
rain storm, but it didn't do serious damage.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Robert Coe

:
: >I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
: >are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
: >I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
: >Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
: >
: I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
: very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
: much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
:
: However, I was in Home Depot twice this week and people are buying
: plywood sheets, blue tarps, and hurricane supplies. It's not a rush
: like we've had in the past where batteries were not available in any
: store, but plywood is going out the door.
:
: I'm thinking of buying some tarps. I've got some older trees with
: limbs hanging over my house and there's always the chance of one
: blowing down on the roof. That's happened once this year in a regular
: rain storm, but it didn't do serious damage.

The 'cane is past you now anyway, isn't it?

Bob

tony cooper

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 22:12:30 -0400, Robert Coe <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:43:09 -0400, tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>: On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
>: <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>:
>: >I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>: >are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
>: >I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
>: >Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
>: >
>: I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
>: very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
>: much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
>:
>: However, I was in Home Depot twice this week and people are buying
>: plywood sheets, blue tarps, and hurricane supplies. It's not a rush
>: like we've had in the past where batteries were not available in any
>: store, but plywood is going out the door.
>:
>: I'm thinking of buying some tarps. I've got some older trees with
>: limbs hanging over my house and there's always the chance of one
>: blowing down on the roof. That's happened once this year in a regular
>: rain storm, but it didn't do serious damage.
>
>The 'cane is past you now anyway, isn't it?

I'm not worried about being *in* the hurricane, but bad weather -
including high winds - sometimes follow one.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

PeterN

On 8/26/2011 9:43 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
>> I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
>> Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
>>

> I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
> very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
> much more than some storms, wind, and rain.

<snip>

Most weather reports remind me of the SNL skit: Buckwheat is dead.

<http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/buckwheat-dead-america-mourns/2754/>

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:14:26 -0400, PeterN
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 8/26/2011 9:43 PM, tony cooper wrote:
>> On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:11:57 -0700, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I just thought I would check on how those of you in the path of "Irene"
>>> are faring with regard to your hurricane preparations.
>>> I figure Tony is South of the storm track, but out on Long Island,
>>> Peter and a few others seem to be right in the path.
>>>

>> I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
>> very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
>> much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
>>

><snip>
>
>Most weather reports remind me of the SNL skit: Buckwheat is dead.
>
><http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/buckwheat-dead-america-mourns/2754/>

Troublemaker! You know that video leads in with one of those PC
commercials that doesn't equate price with specs.

--

On 8/27/2011 12:35 PM, tony cooper wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:14:26 -0400, PeterN
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 8/26/2011 9:43 PM, tony cooper wrote:

>>> I can't stand television weatherpeople, so I haven't followed the news
>>> very closely. I do know that Central Florida is not expected to have
>>> much more than some storms, wind, and rain.
>>>

>> <snip>
>>
>> Most weather reports remind me of the SNL skit: Buckwheat is dead.
>>
>> <http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/buckwheat-dead-america-mourns/2754/>

> Troublemaker! You know that video leads in with one of those PC
> commercials that doesn't equate price with specs.

But, but, but, it's not for apples.

--
Peter