Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Recording Skype video/audio - IMCapature or Vodburner?

Recording Skype video/audio - IMCapature or Vodburner?

Donchano

I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.

Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewf...97698cc0fa9fd5
In addition to offering the different recording format options,
IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.

OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
Skype 5.5.

So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA

BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
record of our vided conversations.

Frank Williams

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:13:30 +1200, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
>WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.
>
>Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
>format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
>incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
>nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
>http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
>issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
>http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewf...97698cc0fa9fd5
>In addition to offering the different recording format options,
>IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.
>
>OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
>Skype 5.5.
>
>So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
>regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
>experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA
>
>BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
>conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
>friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
>taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
>record of our vided conversations.

Are these free ones.?

Here are 2 commercial ones

Pamela for Skype

http://www.pamela.biz/en/

Evaer Video Recorder for Skype

http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

Donchano

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:16:30 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:

>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:13:30 +1200, Donchano
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
>>WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.
>>
>>Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
>>format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
>>incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
>>nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
>>http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
>>issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
>>http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewf...97698cc0fa9fd5
>>In addition to offering the different recording format options,
>>IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.
>>
>>OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
>>Skype 5.5.
>>
>>So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
>>regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
>>experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA
>>
>>BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
>>conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
>>friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
>>taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
>>record of our vided conversations.

>Are these free ones.?

No. Although they both have trial/limited versions, as I stated in the
OP, IMCaputrue is half the price of Vodburner.

>Here are 2 commercial ones
>

>Pamela for Skype
>
>http://www.pamela.biz/en/

Thank you, but as it states on their website, it doesn't work with
Skype 5x.

>Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
>
>http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

Now that does look like a definite possibility. Not only is it far
cheaper than anything else I've seen, the website clearly states that
it is compatible with Skype 5x.

Looks good. If I decide to give it a try I'll report back. Thank you.

Frank Williams

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 22:07:01 +1200, Donchano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:16:30 +1200, Frank Williams
><(E-Mail Removed)> shouted from the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:13:30 +1200, Donchano
>><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
>>>WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.
>>>
>>>Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
>>>format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
>>>incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
>>>nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
>>>http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
>>>issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
>>>http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewf...97698cc0fa9fd5
>>>In addition to offering the different recording format options,
>>>IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.
>>>
>>>OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
>>>Skype 5.5.
>>>
>>>So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
>>>regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
>>>experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA
>>>
>>>BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
>>>conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
>>>friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
>>>taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
>>>record of our vided conversations.

>>Are these free ones.?

>No. Although they both have trial/limited versions, as I stated in the
>OP, IMCaputrue is half the price of Vodburner.
>

>>Here are 2 commercial ones
>>

>>Pamela for Skype
>>
>>http://www.pamela.biz/en/

>Thank you, but as it states on their website, it doesn't work with
>Skype 5x.
>
>>Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
>>
>>http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

>Now that does look like a definite possibility. Not only is it far
>cheaper than anything else I've seen, the website clearly states that
>it is compatible with Skype 5x.
>
>Looks good. If I decide to give it a try I'll report back. Thank you.

Yes they have a free demo, might just be a key to turn it into a
registered version.

Gordon

On 2011-08-26, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 26/08/2011 8:16 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>
>> Are these free ones.?
>>

>> Here are 2 commercial ones
>>

>> Pamela for Skype
>>
>> http://www.pamela.biz/en/
>>
>> Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
>>
>> http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

> Woger
>
> Have you ever actually used either of these?

This is where you should have stopped EMB. You know Zen, yes?

Frank Williams

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:04:27 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 26/08/2011 8:16 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
>
>> Are these free ones.?
>>

>> Here are 2 commercial ones
>>

>> Pamela for Skype
>>
>> http://www.pamela.biz/en/
>>
>> Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
>>
>> http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

>Woger
>
>Have you ever actually used either of these? In other words are you
>qualified to have an opinion, or are you just big-noting by
>regurgitating names you've seen in a comic?

A least I am not a Stupid Idiot like you..

Frank Williams

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:47:21 +1200, EMB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 28/08/2011 6:37 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

>>> Woger
>>>
>>> Have you ever actually used either of these? In other words are you
>>> qualified to have an opinion, or are you just big-noting by
>>> regurgitating names you've seen in a comic?

>> A least I am not a Stupid Idiot like you..
>>

>We can take that as no, you're just big-noting it then. Situation
>normal and all that.

Was it any of your business no! so But out if you cant after any decent
advice, this seems to be part of you nature going around with a Big Chip
on you shoulder, seems to me that you are a frailer in life..?