Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > java

Jeff Higgins

On 08/26/2011 08:35 AM, Rajiv Gupta wrote:
> On 2011-08-25 00:57:00 +1000, ajit kumar said:
>
>> in java what does it means getConnection function

> It means to obtain the Connection for the Java with the function
> getConnection. ...

Let's play..
How many from the list here can we connect to java in some fashion.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connection>

Jeff Higgins

On 08/26/2011 08:35 AM, Rajiv Gupta wrote:
> On 2011-08-25 00:57:00 +1000, ajit kumar said:
>
>> in java what does it means getConnection function

> The Java is not supported by Microsoft any more

while the Java still supports Microsoft.

Arved Sandstrom

On 11-08-26 09:35 AM, Rajiv Gupta wrote:
> On 2011-08-25 00:57:00 +1000, ajit kumar said:
>
>> in java what does it means getConnection function

> It means to obtain the Connection for the Java with the function
> getConnection. This is very useful for the getting of connection for use
> in the Java program which is developed by the programming team.
>
> After you get the connection you need to store it in a safe place where
> it cannot be lifted by the malware or virus, so often the programmer
> puts the connection inside an array (which makes it difficult for the
> malware to see it).
>
> When you need to use the connection (for example to ask for the data of
> the connection or the connection speeds (and to change connection
> speeds) you must unhide it temporarily for to use it.
>
> Java is not the best language for getConnection function. There are
> problems with syntax dripping and difficulties with encryptor. I would
> recommend to switch to a more performant language like Visual Basic.
> The advantage of the Visual Basic is that it is supported by Microsoft.
> The Java is not supported by Microsoft any more

Visual Basic is good because you can use the better variables in Visual
Basic. Java has variables too but they are copy on value references. You
cannot write a swap function of Java copy on value references. So use
real variables in Visual Basic. This means you can better swap
connections. It is hard to write a Java connection pool because of this.

AHS

Arne Vajhøj

On 8/25/2011 4:42 PM, Lew wrote:
> Roedy Green wrote:
>> ajit kumar wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>>> in java [sic] what does it means getConnection function

>> see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdbc.html

> The OP has not stated that the method is from a JDBC type, though that is a reasonable first guess. Even within JDBC there are many methods with that name, each with somewhat different semantics.

But Roedy will get a few extra pages views ...

Arne

jaap

On 27-08-11 00:22, schreef Arved Sandstrom:
> On 11-08-26 09:35 AM, Rajiv Gupta wrote:
>> On 2011-08-25 00:57:00 +1000, ajit kumar said:
>>
>>> in java what does it means getConnection function

> Visual Basic is good because you can use the better variables in Visual
> Basic. Java has variables too but they are copy on value references. You
> cannot write a swap function of Java copy on value references. So use
> real variables in Visual Basic. This means you can better swap
> connections. It is hard to write a Java connection pool because of this.

Java has the nasty habit that he wants variables to be declared before
you can use them. Visual Basic is much smarter, she creates them on the
fly. Java programmers are afraid to make mistakes, that's why Java is
created this way. Visual Basic programmers are real hero's: they don't
make mistakes.

Jaap

Lew

Rajiv Gupta wrote:
> ajit kumar said:
>> in java [sic] what does it means getConnection function

> It means to obtain the Connection for the Java with the function
> getConnection. This is very useful for the getting of connection for
> use in the Java program which is developed by the programming team.
>
> After you get the connection you need to store it in a safe place where
> it cannot be lifted by the malware or virus, so often the programmer
> puts the connection inside an array (which makes it difficult for the
> malware to see it).
>
> When you need to use the connection (for example to ask for the data of
> the connection or the connection speeds (and to change connection
> speeds) you must unhide it temporarily for to use it.
>
> Java is not the best language for getConnection function. There are
> problems with syntax dripping and difficulties with encryptor. I would
> recommend to switch to a more performant language like Visual Basic.
> The advantage of the Visual Basic is that it is supported by Microsoft.
> The Java is not supported by Microsoft any more

To the OP: It will be useful to keep in mind that Rajiv is being satirical here. You are meant to laugh, not follow his nonsensical but very clever advice.

--
Lew

Paul Cager

On Aug 27, 8:42*am, jaap <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Java has the nasty habit that he wants variables to be declared before
> you can use them. Visual Basic is much smarter, she creates them on the
> fly.

So Java is male, but VB is female? I can't help but wonder what their
offspring would look like.

private Runnable r = new Runnable() {
Public Sub Run() Implements Runnable.run
Dim AsyncCall As New AsyncCallback(AddressOf
Me.BuiltInCallback)
TestDelegate.BeginInvoke(asyncCall, Nothing)
End Sub
};

Joshua Cranmer

On 8/27/2011 2:42 AM, jaap wrote:
> Java has the nasty habit that he wants variables to be declared before
> you can use them. Visual Basic is much smarter, she creates them on the
> fly. Java programmers are afraid to make mistakes, that's why Java is
> created this way. Visual Basic programmers are real hero's: they don't
> make mistakes.

So explicit scoping is a "nasty habit"? Implicit scoping of variables
unarguably makes closures in Python a lot harder to use, and experience
from other dynamic programming languages is that implicit scoping often
causes as many problems as it solves. In addition, static typing also
allows the compiler to report more errors at compile-time, which greatly
reduces costs as opposed to suddenly discovering them at runtime. It's
not that VB programmers don't make mistakes, it's that they're unaware
of their mistakes.

tried it. -- Donald E. Knuth

Stanimir Stamenkov

Sun, 28 Aug 2011 05:37:42 -0700 (PDT), /Paul Cager/:

> So Java is male, but VB is female?

In my native language it is the opposite.

--
Stanimir