Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Indoor Photography

Indoor Photography

Bruce

tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>That's fine. It's up to you to decide if you want to put yourself out
>there or not. It doesn't seem right to me, though, for you to
>criticize the work of others when you are unwilling to submit your own
>work for comparison.

People who have never taken a photograph in their lives are perfectly
entitled to comment on what they see.

You don't need to be an architect to comment on whether or not you
like the design of a building. You don't need to be an auto designer
to comment on whether or not you like the styling of a car. You don't
need to be an artist to comment on paintings or sculpture, and you
don't need to be a published author to comment on what you liked, or
didn't like about a book you just read. If none of that "seems right
to you" either, then you are even more of a fool than I thought.

So you should dispense immediately with the patently ridiculous notion
that only people who publish their work where it can be seen by the
motley crew of malicious geriatric consumer-grade equipment owners who
contribute to this newsgroup should be able to comment on what others
post publicly.

Miguel asks for people's comments on here, I don't. And I never will.

tony cooper

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:38:08 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>That's fine. It's up to you to decide if you want to put yourself out
>>there or not. It doesn't seem right to me, though, for you to
>>criticize the work of others when you are unwilling to submit your own
>>work for comparison.

>People who have never taken a photograph in their lives are perfectly
>entitled to comment on what they see.

That's a fair point in general, but not particularly applicable to
this rather closed environment of the newsgroup. While you are
entitled, you are also being hypocritical.

>So you should dispense immediately with the patently ridiculous notion
>that only people who publish their work where it can be seen by the
>motley crew of malicious geriatric consumer-grade equipment owners who
>contribute to this newsgroup should be able to comment on what others
>post publicly.

I didn't say you shouldn't be able to comment, but that you lack
credibility in this group because we can't tell if you have a sense of
what makes a good photograph. Us'ns in the motley geriatric
consumer-grade equipment owners crew need to see what your own
standards are.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Bruce

tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I didn't say you shouldn't be able to comment, but that you lack
>credibility in this group

This group lacks any credibility. Its SI lacks any credibility.

No-one with any real pride in what they did would seek the approval of
such people.

PeterN

On 8/26/2011 4:57 PM, Bruce wrote:
> tony cooper<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I didn't say you shouldn't be able to comment, but that you lack
>> credibility in this group

> This group lacks any credibility. Its SI lacks any credibility.
>
> No-one with any real pride in what they did would seek the approval of
> such people.

But you hang around.

BLUSTER ALERT

--
Peter

tony cooper

On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:57:26 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>I didn't say you shouldn't be able to comment, but that you lack
>>credibility in this group

>This group lacks any credibility. Its SI lacks any credibility.
>
>No-one with any real pride in what they did would seek the approval of
>such people.

One wonders, then, why you are frequent poster.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Bruce

tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 21:57:26 +0100, Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>tony cooper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>I didn't say you shouldn't be able to comment, but that you lack
>>>credibility in this group

>>This group lacks any credibility. Its SI lacks any credibility.
>>
>>No-one with any real pride in what they did would seek the approval of
>>such people.
>>

>One wonders, then, why you are frequent poster.

To discuss equipment. There are some useful discussions about
equipment here, many of which are started by the unfairly vilified
Rich Anderson, but almost none of any value about technique. If you
want to know about straps, bags and other miscellaneous accessories,
this can be a useful place to be.

However, it is very sad to see so much hatred directed toward Rich,
when he probably starts more useful discussions than anyone else
posting here. The posters who criticise him most are strongly
correlated with the posters who offer nothing of value, only malice.

mmyvusenet

"Mort" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:4e52ffa7$0$21189$(E-Mail Removed)...

mmyvusenet wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> These days it's raining in Lima, or there is so much humidity that the
>> days
>> are cloudy, I'm trying to improve indoor photography, and I took this
>> photo:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6069807209/
>>
>> It would be interesting to know your recommendations in this kind of
>> photography.
>>
>> By the way, I took advantage to take this video in the main square.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6067609837/
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> --
>> MMYV
>> http://www.mmyv.com
>>

>Hi,
>
> It's a very nice picture, with natural-appearing lighting, and nice
> framing. Muy bueno, amigo.

Gracias, justo era mi intención practicar al respecto, voy a seguir tomando
mas fotos en históricos lugares.

> I tried replying via your Yahoo page, but Yahoo refuses to take my valid
> ID and password.
>
> Mort
> New York

It sometimes happens that lately, I hope it fixed soon.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

mmyvusenet

"BobS" escribió en el mensaje de noticias:j2v68p$oio$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Miguel,
>
> I would have shot it differently but I wasn't there to judge the
> limitations of taking the shot. Assuming that was the best position and
> angle you could get, then framing the picture in portrait mode, opening
> the lens to get some bokeh on the background and using a fill flash off to
> the side would make a dramatic difference to me. But I'm one that likes
> the effects of HDR and saturated colors.
>
> Try cropping the shot to get rid of some of the distractions such as the
> wall on the right and reducing the background on the left side. Depending
> on the software you use, you may have other options for bringing out some
> highlights on the face, robe and flowers and make the central subject
> "jump" a little.
>
> If the photo was taken to just document something you saw as a memento,
> then it works as is for a snapshot. But if you want to do better, then go
> back and shoot it again. Sometimes places do not allow flashes or tripods
> to be used, so you need to get creative. A faster lens, a monopod and a
> LED flashlight (it's not a flash...) may be some things to try.
>
> Bob S.

Thank you for your interesting comment, recently there was a celebration and
I took this photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6098261472/

I'm always trying to improve these photos.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

mmyvusenet

"George Kerby" escribió en el mensaje de
noticias:CA7E7AA2.765A6%(E-Mail Removed).. .

On 8/22/11 7:54 PM, in article http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed), "mmyvusenet"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Hello:
>>
>> These days it's raining in Lima, or there is so much humidity that the
>> days
>> are cloudy, I'm trying to improve indoor photography, and I took this
>> photo:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6069807209/
>>
>> It would be interesting to know your recommendations in this kind of
>> photography.
>>
>> By the way, I took advantage to take this video in the main square.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6067609837/
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> --
>> MMYV
>> http://www.mmyv.com
>>

>Here is another famous Peruvian...

Hello George, I recently made this video:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6105021654/

It was during a holiday.

--
MMYV