Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > PTK Rotation in WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK

PTK Rotation in WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK

=?Utf-8?B?c2xhbWI=?=

Hi,

I made researches about how WPA-PSK (using TKIP) and WPA2-PSK (using AES)
are working. What I learned is that both produce a PMK (Pairwise Master Key)
and a PTK (Pairwise Transient Key). This latter key is produced using, in
part, the PMK, the MAC address of both communicating systems, and random
values.

Then, from what I understand, the AES is more secure because the seed
used to generate the random values for the production of the PTK renewals is
changed more often than the seed in TKIP.

Is that making sense?

If yes, how often this seed is changed in the AES compared to the TKIP?

Thanks for having taken the time to read.

Rotation on FF and IE fulio pen HTML 2 05-04-2011 08:53 PM
Simple Rotation and bitmasking problem Patrick C Programming 1 07-20-2007 12:11 AM
Microsoft Picture and Fax Viewer XP--Lossless rotation? zulabarr Digital Photography 8 02-07-2004 04:10 PM
Why is lossless rotation actually gainful rotation? Louise Digital Photography 19 02-02-2004 08:37 AM
ImageMagick and lossless JPEG rotation? Jim Garrison Digital Photography 8 10-01-2003 12:35 AM

Advertisments