Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Stolen RAM from DELL Inspiron

Stolen RAM from DELL Inspiron

marielachaneva marielachaneva is offline
Junior Member

Hi everyone,
I have a problem which is bugging me a lot-today I got my laptop back from a technician, who was supposed to fix my keyboard. When I got it back and switched it on, there was a black screen saying that there was a memory change since my laptop last went into hibernation. When I checked my system information, I had 2GB RAM,and I am 100% sure my RAM was 4GB( I bought my laptop on 10th Sept 2010,and I specifically looked for 4GB!). So,the technician denies taking it (of course) and even switching on my laptop. I wanted to know if there is a way to find a system log which can prove my point to consumer protection service... I mean is there some kind of log, which is stored, saying that there was a change in the memory, or that 2Gb went missing. Thanks