Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Netbook on pay as you connection.

Netbook on pay as you connection.

john hamilton

Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
occaisional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.

It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment at a
reasonable price?

What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay as you
go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

Steve Terry

john hamilton wrote:
> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
> occasional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>
> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment
> at a reasonable price?
>
> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay
> as you go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

Per Mb, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, download limits??

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

William Black

On 08/11/2011 07:55 PM, john hamilton wrote:
> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
> occaisional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>
> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment at a
> reasonable price?
>
> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay as you
> go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

MacDonalds...

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.

john hamilton

"Steve Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j20ou6$um8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> john hamilton wrote:
>> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
>> occasional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>>
>> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment
>> at a reasonable price?
>>
>> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay
>> as you go; and still be mobile? Thanks.
>>

> Per Mb, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, download limits??
>
> Steve Terry

At the most, it would be two or three emails a day and perhaps a
quarter of an hour online.

Steve Terry

john hamilton wrote:
> "Steve Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:j20ou6$um8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> john hamilton wrote:
>>> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
>>> occasional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>>>
>>> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment
>>> at a reasonable price?
>>>
>>> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on
>>> pay as you go; and still be mobile? Thanks.
>>>

>> Per Mb, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, download limits??
>>
>> Steve Terry

> At the most, it would be two or three emails a day and perhaps a
> quarter of an hour online.

Regularly daily or just occasionally?
Monthly add ons can sometimes work out less than daily occasional use.

e.g. Ringfenced Three 3Pay monthly for 5 (2gb d/l limit) can be cheaper
than say 6 days in a month on a 1 each day tariff

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk
Join Quidco to get real and honest cashbacks
http://www.quidco.com/user/613515/55307

Steve Slatcher

On 08/08/2011 22:31, Deux wrote:
> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
> occaisional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>
> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment at a
> reasonable price?
>
> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay as you
> go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

Buy a 3G Kindle.

The browsing experience is not great, but completely free. The only
cost is that of the hardware.

--
www.winenous.co.uk

(PeteCresswell)

Per Steve Slatcher:
>> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay as you
>> go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

>Buy a 3G Kindle.
>
>The browsing experience is not great, but completely free. The only
>cost is that of the hardware.

Alternatively, determine whether or not you have
sufficiently-frequent access to unsecured WiFi hotspots and just
go with any device that supports WiFi and a browser.

This may sound marginal, but I am surprised at the number of
people I know who do not have an ISP service for their home.
Instead, they have a neighbor whose router is unsecured and they
just use that (with, of course, the neighbor's approval).
--
Pete Cresswell

Graham.

On Mon, 27 Feb 2012 07:21:36 -0600, Deux <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 12:00:10 +0000, Steve Slatcher wrote:
>
>> On 08/08/2011 22:31, Deux wrote:
>>> Novice wants to get a net book and just use it for emailing and the
>>> occaisional web page connection on a pay as you go connection basis.
>>>
>>> It seems the netbook Acer D255 is as good as it gets, at the moment at
>>> a reasonable price?
>>>
>>> What is the cheapest way to connect up to the internet please, on pay
>>> as you go; and still be mobile? Thanks.

>> Buy a 3G Kindle.
>>
>> The browsing experience is not great, but completely free. The only
>> cost is that of the hardware.

>What has 3G Kindle got to do with voicemail hacking? You've changed the
>thread subject to one posted previously for some reason.
>
>Why have you changed the OP's name to mine? I didn't post in the thread
>you replied to yet your post says I wrote it.
>
><http://groups.google.com/group/uk.telecom.voip/browse_frm/thread/33f1a03dfe2a973a/ebbbce03c8665d8d>

The hacking thread is one I started on 7 Aug.
I have no idea how Steve managed to resurrect it, I suppose it must
have been an accident.

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Steve Slatcher

On 27/02/2012 20:42, Deux wrote:

> Very odd. Steve seems to have taken elements from two different threads
> and merged them together, taking the poster and subject from one thread
> and the body and message-id from another. Both threads are from August.

Pretty impressive, eh?

Sorry for the confusion. No idea how I managed it. I just happened to
notice a post (that actually was not very far down my list in my
Thunderbird newreader) and replied in what I thought was the normal way.

--
www.winenous.co.uk