Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > easy to look at and easy to maintain web page menuing system.

easy to look at and easy to maintain web page menuing system.

Hazzard

What good ideas are out there now for a menu system, whether along the top
of the page or the left side, which is event driven. ( I can do html frames
but I am not looking for that.

I would like not to use javascript, but would do so if the case can be made
for it. Obviously that is still the lingua franca of client side http apps.
I can do javascript if necessary.

What I am looking for is something that optimizes the .NET framework as much
as possible.

I am not a graphic artist, don't do Photoshop (although I wish I did) but I
would like to create something that is simple, elegant and snappy.

Thank you,
-hazz

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Hazz,

As for the ASP.NET based web menu controls, here are some certain web
resources on the exsiting third-party menus controls or tech aricle on
buidling custom asp.net web menu control:

This is the Control Gallery in the www.asp.net site, where huge third party
controls are listed there:
#Control Gallery > Navigation Controls > Menus
http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/de...=32&tabindex=2

Also you can go to the www.codeproject site to have a search:
#http://www.codeproject.com/asp.net

In addition, below are two tech articles on building and examing a custom
asp.net menu server control:
#Building an ASP.NET Menu Server Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ldmenuserverco
ntrol.asp?frame=true

#Examining the skmMenu Server Control
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...mine-skmmenusr
vrcntrl.asp?frame=true

Hope these help. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Hazzard

Thank you for a very complete listing from which to choose Steven !

Greg Hazzard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...