Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > is there any way to force csc.exe to run in the background or minimized?

is there any way to force csc.exe to run in the background or minimized?

Peter Huebner

When csc.exe (.net c compiler as I understand it) is invoked on my xp
installation, it will always open a shell. Occasionally this is windowed, but
most of the time it's fullscreen mode, so I look at what amounts to a black
screen-flash, in the case of some applications who invoke it repeatedly an
absolutely annoying series of black screens.

Is there any known way of preventing this behaviour?

tia, -Peter

Mark C

Peter Huebner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) t:

> When csc.exe (.net c compiler as I understand it) is invoked on
> my xp installation, it will always open a shell. Occasionally
> this is windowed, but most of the time it's fullscreen mode, so
> I look at what amounts to a black screen-flash, in the case of
> some applications who invoke it repeatedly an absolutely
> annoying series of black screens.
>
> Is there any known way of preventing this behaviour?

Are you calling it from scripts or programs that you control (and
could you call a different, wrapper, program instead)?

A VBS file can run the likes of csc.exe hidden, to prevent a console
window popup.

Peter Huebner

In article <4e586c64$0$30883$c3e8da3$(E-Mail Removed) om>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)d says...

> Are you calling it from scripts or programs that you control (and
> could you call a different, wrapper, program instead)?

Unfortunately I have no control over the calls. Apart from stardock's
"Impulse" software that appears to call it a dozen times or so and which I
subsequently no longer use, I've recently installed some other software, namely
motherboard drivers that did [whatever] including an update to my existing .net
installation and csc.exe is now called during the Win XP loading sequence. At
times CSC.exe stays nicely in the background and merely displays as a process
on the sidebar, other times it opens full screen and I have to alt-enter to get
rid of the thing.

-P.