Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: has the world of computers gone quiet

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: has the world of computers gone quiet

 
 
Malcolm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2011
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:58:55 +1200
Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:

> Or is there nothing left to see or say....


We are all having a party at the restaurant at the end of the
internet...

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop
up 1 day 17:48, 5 users, load average: 0.32, 0.23, 0.17
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 280.13

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2011
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:58:55 +1200
> Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
>
>> Or is there nothing left to see or say....

>
> We are all having a party at the restaurant at the end of the
> internet...


I think you've had one too many Pangalactic Gargleblasters!
--
Shaun.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also
into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Malcolm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:43:38 +1200
"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:58:55 +1200
> > Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
> >
> >> Or is there nothing left to see or say....

> >
> > We are all having a party at the restaurant at the end of the
> > internet...

>
> I think you've had one too many Pangalactic Gargleblasters!


Nah not enough yet.... way to hot here, heat index for the last few
weeks has been between 40C and 48C

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop
up 1 day 20:02, 3 users, load average: 0.34, 0.19, 0.16
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 280.13

 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
>>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:58:55 +1200
>>> Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Or is there nothing left to see or say....
>>>
>>> We are all having a party at the restaurant at the end of the
>>> internet...

>>
>> I think you've had one too many Pangalactic Gargleblasters!

>
> Naa. Greasy Lazzo has scared everybody away.


I think you'll find that the folks who *aren't* into OS wars and Ad Hominem
attacks are still here and will post when they want / need to.
--
Shaun.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also
into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 11:43:38 +1200
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
>>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:58:55 +1200
>>> Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Or is there nothing left to see or say....
>>>
>>> We are all having a party at the restaurant at the end of the
>>> internet...

>>
>> I think you've had one too many Pangalactic Gargleblasters!

>
> Nah not enough yet.... way to hot here, heat index for the last few
> weeks has been between 40C and 48C


Bloody hell! I've been freezing my arse off as I can't afford to heat the
house. 12C or less at my desk most evenings last week and only getting up
to 14 or 15 during the day. The last couple of days have been the exception
(or the start of the end of winter?).

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also
into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


 
Reply With Quote
 
Malcolm
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 15:30:13 +1200
Robert Cooze <c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:

> On 11/08/11 12:42, geoff wrote:
> > ~misfit~ wrote:
> >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Malcolm wrote:
> >>> On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:58:55 +1200
> >>> Robert Cooze<c_o-o_z-e_r-b_@-c-o-o-z-eD_O_Tc_oD_O_Tnz> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Or is there nothing left to see or say....
> >>>
> >>> We are all having a party at the restaurant at the end of the
> >>> internet...
> >>
> >> I think you've had one too many Pangalactic Gargleblasters!

> >
> > Naa. Greasy Lazzo has scared everybody away.
> >
> > geoff
> >
> >

> Now I see the answer must be 42 again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_Puzzle#42_Puzzle

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE 11.4 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.37.6-0.7-desktop
up 1 day 22:43, 3 users, load average: 0.44, 0.20, 0.10
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 280.13

 
Reply With Quote
 
Me
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
On 11/08/2011 2:16 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:

>
> Bloody hell! I've been freezing my arse off as I can't afford to heat the
> house. 12C or less at my desk most evenings last week and only getting up
> to 14 or 15 during the day. The last couple of days have been the exception
> (or the start of the end of winter?).
>

That's no good. What part of the country are you in?
Can you afford to run a heat pump, if you can get one at the right price?

 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Me wrote:
> On 11/08/2011 2:16 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
>
>>
>> Bloody hell! I've been freezing my arse off as I can't afford to
>> heat the house. 12C or less at my desk most evenings last week and
>> only getting up to 14 or 15 during the day. The last couple of days
>> have been the exception (or the start of the end of winter?).
>>

> That's no good. What part of the country are you in?


I'm in Pukekohe.

> Can you afford to run a heat pump, if you can get one at the right
> price?


Maybe in the evenings, for a couple of hours. However, as I rent a heatpump
is problematical as (IUI) they require modifications to the house. Bit of an
issue if you move, having to blank off holes etcetera. (not that I plan to
move....)

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also
into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob Davison
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
On 8/11/2011 9:36 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Me wrote:
>> On 11/08/2011 2:16 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Bloody hell! I've been freezing my arse off as I can't afford to
>>> heat the house. 12C or less at my desk most evenings last week and
>>> only getting up to 14 or 15 during the day. The last couple of days
>>> have been the exception (or the start of the end of winter?).
>>>

>> That's no good. What part of the country are you in?

>
> I'm in Pukekohe.


Jaysus, north islanders...

http://www.pbase.com/mapleglen/bigsnow

....ice on the *inside* of the bedroom window is not uncommon
of a morning.

It has been quiet here lately. Larry discovered girls or something?


Rob.
--


 
Reply With Quote
 
~misfit~
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-11-2011
Somewhere on teh intarwebs Rob Davison wrote:
> On 8/11/2011 9:36 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Me wrote:
>>> On 11/08/2011 2:16 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>> Bloody hell! I've been freezing my arse off as I can't afford to
>>>> heat the house. 12C or less at my desk most evenings last week and
>>>> only getting up to 14 or 15 during the day. The last couple of days
>>>> have been the exception (or the start of the end of winter?).
>>>>
>>> That's no good. What part of the country are you in?

>>
>> I'm in Pukekohe.

>
> Jaysus, north islanders...
>
> http://www.pbase.com/mapleglen/bigsnow
>
> ...ice on the *inside* of the bedroom window is not uncommon
> of a morning.


Yeah, I spent the first decade+ of my life in England and am quite familiar
with snow. Also I've always been warm-blooded, just put another jersey on
sort of thing.

However, since I turned 50 I find that I feel the cold a lot more. Also,
being on opioid painkillers slows the circulation and makes you more
susceptible to cold.

> It has been quiet here lately. Larry discovered girls or something?
>
>
> Rob.


LOL, "or something" I think. <g>
--
Shaun.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a
monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also
into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: has the world of computers gone quiet Frank Williams NZ Computing 1 08-20-2011 12:00 AM
Re: It's gone all quiet again ... Ralph Fox NZ Computing 2 08-21-2008 09:20 AM
Re: It's gone all quiet again ... EMB NZ Computing 6 08-19-2008 10:05 AM



Advertisments