Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > PSL book suggestions

PSL book suggestions

thunder

All

We are just starting to implement PSL assertions for our VHDL IP code.

Just wondered, if any one has any suggestions for relevant PSL books
to act as tutorial/reference? I have managed to download a fair amount
of documents on PSL assertions from the Web and have written some
simple assertions.

I am aware of the Ben Cohen book on PSL/Sugar and would be interested
on any reviews on this book.

Thanks in advance

JO

Colin Paul Gloster

JO <(E-Mail Removed)> sent on August 8th, 2011:
|"We are just starting to implement PSL assertions for our VHDL IP code.|
| |
|Just wondered, if any one has any suggestions for relevant PSL books |
|to act as tutorial/reference? I have managed to download a fair amount |
|of documents on PSL assertions from the Web and have written some |
|simple assertions. |
| |
|I am aware of the Ben Cohen book on PSL/Sugar and would be interested |
|on any reviews on this book." |

I have not read that particular book but I have read other things by
Ben Cohen. He is a very good author.

Matthias Alles

Hi,

I have been working with "A Practical Introduction to PSL" from Cindy
Eisner and Dana Fisman.

It contains plenty of examples for the single PSL operators. The only
drawback for us was that the presented high-level-assertions are
currently not supported by our simulator (RivieraPro). But it seems
Aldec is working on that.
An additional chapter with real-world examples would have been nice though.

Regards,
Matthias