Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Laptop now can't connect to Oki network printer

Laptop now can't connect to Oki network printer

Boppy

Some changes were made to my office network recently. I can still connect to the network and associated Brother printer but can no longer print to the Oki printer.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Oki many times but to no avail - it's found in the "add new printer" dialog but just won't print a test page.

Nor can I print to the Oki by plugging a USB cable in to my laptop.

I have run the Microsoft Fit It utility and get this message:

"Applications may not be printing to printer \\Compaq\OKI C3300 because it is not the default printer. Not fixed
Network problems might be preventing the printer from printing. "

Making Oki the default printer does not resolve the issue.

I've also removed Okidata under Software in my registry.

I wonder if anyone can suggest anything else to try.

Thanks in advance,
Jo

Squiggle

On 5/08/2011 10:17 p.m., EMB threw some characters down the intarwebs:
> On 5/08/2011 3:16 p.m., Boppy wrote:
>
>> I wonder if anyone can suggest anything else to try.

> It's a business network - so pay someone with the appropriate expertise
> to sort it out.

This, but before you do that try turning the OKI off for a few minutes
then restarting it, was having problems with the OKI at work (might
have been caused by a power spike, but could be coincidental) and did
the install/uninstall thing and rebooted the work laptop didn't work.
Power cycling the printer seemed to fix the issue.