Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 and List view / DO NOT remember each folders settings.

Windows 7 and List view / DO NOT remember each folders settings.

Sonnich Jensen

Hi

I want to turn off "Remember each folders settings". I want a list
view all the time.
This was easy in XP, turn it off, and "set view to all folders".

Now, I can set this "to all folders", but whenever I go to a folder
with pictures it f**** goes to thumbnail mode. Next to ordinary files
I get a "detailed view".

I want my list view all the times.... how do I do that?

Sonnich

PS: I was reinstalling a win95 on a industrial machine yesterday - I
just realised how well that works, no problems.... it just works well,
and even faster than than W7. And the computer is only 233Mhz/32 Mb

John Turco

Sonnich Jensen wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to turn off "Remember each folders settings". I want a list
> view all the time.
> This was easy in XP, turn it off, and "set view to all folders".
>
> Now, I can set this "to all folders", but whenever I go to a folder
> with pictures it f**** goes to thumbnail mode. Next to ordinary files
> I get a "detailed view".
>
> I want my list view all the times.... how do I do that?
>
> Sonnich

I own a notebook PC (eMachines "E725-4520") that came, with Windows
7 "Home Premium" 64-bit installed. Yet, I haven't tried the computer
enough, to learn very much about its OS.

> PS: I was reinstalling a win95 on a industrial machine yesterday - I
> just realised how well that works, no problems.... it just works well,
> and even faster than than W7. And the computer is only 233Mhz/32 Mb

Just wanted to comment on this, as I tend to concur completely. My
brief encounters with Win7 (on the E725-4520) were frustrating; I
think it's a "downgrade" from Windows XP, which my desktop system
uses.

Good luck!

--
Cordially,