Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Networking to wireless network adaptor

Networking to wireless network adaptor

Scott Viney

Good afternoon,

I have purchased a DLINK DI-524 Wireless router to be able to connect my
laptop to the internet through my home computer. I have hooked it up and it
works swell.

I have some questions through about networking with it though. Dont want to
start playing around with anything just in case it screws something up.

1) Is it possible to use these components together as a network IE Can I
copy files from my laptop wirelessly to the desktop and share the printer
connected to the desktop. If so how do I go about this?

2) Or do I have to use a network cable connected to my laptop and then to
one of the ports on the back of the router?

Thanks for any help,
Scott V

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi
Wireless is a mere replacement to a wire, if you can use the Internet the Wireless work.
Sharing files is Not related to Wireless but to the specific settings of each computer.
Log to this page it has a lot of links to instructions to Windows Network Settings, and
Sharing.
http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"Scott Viney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Good afternoon,
>
> I have purchased a DLINK DI-524 Wireless router to be able to connect my
> laptop to the internet through my home computer. I have hooked it up and it
> works swell.
>
> I have some questions through about networking with it though. Dont want to
> start playing around with anything just in case it screws something up.
>
> 1) Is it possible to use these components together as a network IE Can I
> copy files from my laptop wirelessly to the desktop and share the printer
> connected to the desktop. If so how do I go about this?
>
> 2) Or do I have to use a network cable connected to my laptop and then to
> one of the ports on the back of the router?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Scott V

Scott Viney

Thanks Jack,

Ill have a surf around and see if I can get it cranking.

Scott

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...