Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Permissions needed to run aspnet_regiis.exe -c

Permissions needed to run aspnet_regiis.exe -c

Eric Caron

Hi,

I'm trying to install the client side scripts on a server, but I always get
the following error:

An error has occurred (0x80070005).
You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
tool.

I am logged on as a domain admin on the server. Anyone know the specific
permissions needed to run the tool?

Thanks

Eric

Mike

admin on the box, not admin of the domain,

"Eric Caron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e6H#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install the client side scripts on a server, but I always

get
> the following error:
>
> An error has occurred (0x80070005).
> You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> tool.
>
> I am logged on as a domain admin on the server. Anyone know the specific
> permissions needed to run the tool?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric

Eric Caron

Well, obviously I am. When you join a server to a domain, the Domain Admin
group is automatically added to the local Administrators group. I verified
it to be sure that nothing had changed. I think it's really a permissions
problem somewhere.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> admin on the box, not admin of the domain,
>

> "Eric Caron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e6H#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to install the client side scripts on a server, but I always

> get
> > the following error:
> >
> > An error has occurred (0x80070005).
> > You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this
> > tool.
> >
> > I am logged on as a domain admin on the server. Anyone know the

specific
> > permissions needed to run the tool?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Eric

Mike

Obviously your not you could run it now.
Check again, just because your an admin on the domain does not make you a
admin on the local machine
I'm currently an admin on my local pc but not the domain.