Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Oracle Bug Database Dead?

Reply
Thread Tools

Oracle Bug Database Dead?

 
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp

I when I try to log into the bug database, Oracle simply does not
respond.

Has Oracle dropped free access to the database? I think their policy
on the their database products is to make such support a major profit
center.

I have not been able to get in since Friday July 29.

Has anyone been able to login?
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
Most of computer code is for telling the computer
what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andreas Leitgeb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
Roedy Green <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp


This URL loads fine here, and I was e.g. able to click on the
list of the top25 bugs and successfully viewed the topmost bug.

If I click on the "Login" link, I see a form to enter login and
password. I don't have a login there, so can't try much more.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
markspace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On 8/2/2011 6:47 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp
>
> I when I try to log into the bug database, Oracle simply does not
> respond.



It works for me, I was able to search their database and get a lot of
hits back.

Roedy, between this problem and the JDK 7 docs download thing, I think
you're just having intermittent network issues. Could I ask you to wait
24 hours before posting such a problem and see if it clears up on its
own? Maybe put a trouble call into your ISP first, and check your own
system, I think the chances of you finding the issue there are much better.

BTW, what was the resolution with the JDK 7 docs?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Andreas Leitgeb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
markspace <-@> wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 6:47 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp
>> I when I try to log into the bug database, Oracle simply does not
>> respond.

> ... Could I ask you to wait 24 hours before posting such a problem ...


Roedy did more than just that, as he wrote.
(posted today on Tuesday, reported failure since last Friday)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Knute Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On 8/2/2011 6:47 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp
>
> I when I try to log into the bug database, Oracle simply does not
> respond.
>
> Has Oracle dropped free access to the database? I think their policy
> on the their database products is to make such support a major profit
> center.
>
> I have not been able to get in since Friday July 29.
>
> Has anyone been able to login?


I can get to the bugs but I can't login. It just times out.

--

Knute Johnson
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On 02 Aug 2011 13:55:34 GMT, Andreas Leitgeb
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>
>This URL loads fine here, and I was e.g. able to click on the
>list of the top25 bugs and successfully viewed the topmost bug.
>
>If I click on the "Login" link, I see a form to enter login and
>password. I don't have a login there, so can't try much more.


that works for me too. The problem comes on trying to login.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
Most of computer code is for telling the computer
what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 08:01:44 -0700, markspace <-@.> wrote, quoted or
indirectly quoted someone who said :

> Could I ask you to wait
>24 hours before posting such a problem and see if it clears up on its
>own?


the problem manifested on Friday. I took Oracle 4 days to fix it. If
I did that, it would take 5 days.

The problems I have been having are not intermittent. They could have
been caused by an improperly programming router or DNS propagation
between Oracle and Victoria.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
Most of computer code is for telling the computer
what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:03:49 -0700, Knute Johnson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
someone who said :

>
>I can get to the bugs but I can't login. It just times out.


I wanted to report a "bug" that Oracle was missing a page where you
could report website broken links.

It seems odd that a company like Oracle would not use a tool like
Xenu/Brokenlinks to find broken links. They have so many links it
must be impossible to test them manually.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
Most of computer code is for telling the computer
what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
markspace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On 8/2/2011 9:03 AM, Knute Johnson wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 6:47 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp
>>
>> I when I try to log into the bug database, Oracle simply does not
>> respond.
>>
>> Has Oracle dropped free access to the database? I think their policy
>> on the their database products is to make such support a major profit
>> center.
>>
>> I have not been able to get in since Friday July 29.
>>
>> Has anyone been able to login?

>
> I can get to the bugs but I can't login. It just times out.
>


I had to reset my password but it worked for me just now.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Knute Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-02-2011
On 8/2/2011 9:32 AM, markspace wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 9:03 AM, Knute Johnson wrote:
>> On 8/2/2011 6:47 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
>>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp
>>>
>>> I when I try to log into the bug database, Oracle simply does not
>>> respond.
>>>
>>> Has Oracle dropped free access to the database? I think their policy
>>> on the their database products is to make such support a major profit
>>> center.
>>>
>>> I have not been able to get in since Friday July 29.
>>>
>>> Has anyone been able to login?

>>
>> I can get to the bugs but I can't login. It just times out.
>>

>
> I had to reset my password but it worked for me just now.


I can't reset the password because I don't have the old email address
(whatever it was) anymore. I may have to get a new account.

--

Knute Johnson
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Database Database Database Database scott93727@gmail.com Computer Information 0 09-27-2012 02:43 AM
DataBase DataBase DataBase DataBase scott93727@gmail.com Computer Information 0 09-26-2012 09:40 AM
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230. Feyruz Perl Misc 4 10-14-2005 06:47 PM
how to load a picture to an oracle database with theLoad a pictureto Oracle with DBI perl module Vincent Le-Texier Perl Misc 1 12-03-2004 03:29 PM
Re: Software Developer to transcribe Oracle database into Access database Guy Cox MCSD 1 07-09-2003 08:07 AM



Advertisments