Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: [SI] New Mandate: Dawn or Dusk

Re: [SI] New Mandate: Dawn or Dusk

Robert Coe

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:59:20 -0400, Bowser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: Take a photo during those pre-sunrise or post-sunset times when there's
: a nice glow in the sky. Any subject matter goes, but it's got to be
: either before sunrise or after sunset. The gallery will be here:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
:
: The Shoot-In is a monthly gallery created by anyone who chooses to
: participate. No prized, points, or anything else but a few comments.
: Give it a shot!
:
: For more info:
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage

September 5??! Hey, man, you've got to give us the full Labor Day weekend.
Martha and I will still be in Philadelphia, shooting pictures of our
grandchildren! How about the 11th instead?

Bob

PeterN

On 8/2/2011 8:02 AM, Bowser wrote:
> On 8/1/2011 10:38 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
>> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 15:59:20 -0400, Bowser<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> : Take a photo during those pre-sunrise or post-sunset times when there's
>> : a nice glow in the sky. Any subject matter goes, but it's got to be
>> : either before sunrise or after sunset. The gallery will be here:
>> :
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/duskdawn
>> :
>> : The Shoot-In is a monthly gallery created by anyone who chooses to
>> : participate. No prized, points, or anything else but a few comments.
>> : Give it a shot!
>> :
>> : For more info:
>> :
>> : http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>
>> September 5??! Hey, man, you've got to give us the full Labor Day
>> weekend.
>> Martha and I will still be in Philadelphia, shooting pictures of our
>> grandchildren! How about the 11th instead?
>>
>> Bob

> The Advisory Board Committee Group Team Assembly will consider your
> request.

The advisory board should have come out with the mandate earlier. Got a
whole bunch of dusky shots in Maine. I may now have to go back.

--
Peter

PeterN

On 8/2/2011 4:37 PM, Bowser wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 10:23 AM, PeterN wrote:

>>> The Advisory Board Committee Group Team Assembly will consider your
>>> request.

>> The advisory board should have come out with the mandate earlier. Got a
>> whole bunch of dusky shots in Maine. I may now have to go back.
>>

> Maine? Shoot, let me know and I'll go with you. I'll even drive.
>
> But we'll split the cost of lobster rolls.
>

> BTW, do you see any issues granting the Coes a stay of execution? I don't.

We usually go to Maine at least once a year. Last year we went twice. We
have gotten into some tremendous traffic jams around Wisckasset. Lines
almost a block long at Red's, a lobster roll truck. There is no way I
will wait on a line that long. We passed it a few weeks ago and there
were only seven people on line. I couldn't resist. I wound up holding a
table while my wife & friend got on line. They put a whole 11/4 lb
lobster in each roll. Mayo & butter on the side. Best fried belly clams
I've ever eaten. I see why people wait in line.
BTW even with only seven people in front of us the wait to place the
order was 20 minutes. I once suggested we go up to Maine for the
weekend. My wife said it was too far for just two days so we went to
Rockport, Mass. We took a drive up the coast and would up having dinner
in Maine.

BTW I vote yes. Why doesn't the committee extend the date for everybody,
though.

--
Peter