Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AVAST AntiVirus for Windows XP 64 bit.

AVAST AntiVirus for Windows XP 64 bit.

Bob AZ

All

I have been using Norton for an AV program for years with no
complaints. Since my XP 64 bit machine is not online and it is time
for an AV program and Norton will not do it, does anyone have anything
to offer about using AVAST?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Miles

* Bob AZ wrote, On 31-Jul-11 21:24:
> All
>
> I have been using Norton for an AV program for years with no
> complaints. Since my XP 64 bit machine is not online and it is time
> for an AV program and Norton will not do it, does anyone have anything
> to offer about using AVAST?
>
> Thanks
> Bob AZ

And I've used it for a couple of years on WinXP 32bit, not off-line.
And on Win7 Pro 64bit again on line only. It's the free version &
works very well as advertised!
Miles

Hp

On 8/1/2011 12:24 AM, Bob AZ wrote:
> All
>
> I have been using Norton for an AV program for years with no
> complaints. Since my XP 64 bit machine is not online and it is time
> for an AV program and Norton will not do it, does anyone have anything
> to offer about using AVAST?
>
> Thanks
> Bob AZ

Been running it on xp x64 over a year, again no probs here either
it did self install in the 64bit folder

Carlos

Bob,
Back in the Windows XP x64 old ages that was my first and only x64
antivirus.
Excellent choice.
Carlos