Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Table alignment

Table alignment

OccasionalFlyer

I tried to post this Friday night but for some reason it has not shown
up that I can see, so if that's wrong, sorry.

I'm trying to debug a problem with a group of tables I created to
improve the appearance of information on an annual meeting of an
academic group I'm the volunteer web person for (www.ibr-bbr.org near
the bottom of the page). I'm having two problems with the tables. I
have three main tables and the first of the three contains two tables.
I have two problems that come from the code below.
1. In the first main table I can't get the table header to span 3
columns.

2. After the first inner table, all the following tables are too far
to left and not the same size. Is there a simple way to require them
all to start at the same point. I am guessing the width attribute
would make them all the same size.

Thanks for suggestions.

Ken

font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot; margin-
left: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-top: 0in;">
<th colspan="3">
Nov. 18 - Friday
</th>
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chair: Ruth Anne Reese, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY
New IBR Research Groups </a>
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Chair: Paul Ferris <BR/> Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN
Session #: P18-302 - <a href="emerging.abstract.doc">Emerging
Scholarship on the Old Testament </a>
&nbsp;
7:00 PM Annual Meeting
7:00 PM
Lee McDonald, IBR Presidnt
Welcome
7:05 PM
Robbie Castleman <BR/> John Brown University
Opening Prayer and Scripture Reading
7:20 PM
Danny Carroll
Main Paper
8:20 PM
K. K. Yeo
Responding
<BR/>
<BR/>
<th colspan="3">
Nov. 19 Saturday 8:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. IBR Morning Session
</th>

I apologize if this looks goofy on your screen. It looks goofy on
mine.

Sjeef

"OccasionalFlyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> I tried to post this Friday night but for some reason it has not shown
> up that I can see, so if that's wrong, sorry.
>
> I'm trying to debug a problem with a group of tables I created to
> improve the appearance of information on an annual meeting of an
> academic group I'm the volunteer web person for (www.ibr-bbr.org near
> the bottom of the page). I'm having two problems with the tables. I
> have three main tables and the first of the three contains two tables.
> I have two problems that come from the code below.
> 1. In the first main table I can't get the table header to span 3
> columns.
>
> 2. After the first inner table, all the following tables are too far
> to left and not the same size. Is there a simple way to require them
> all to start at the same point. I am guessing the width attribute
> would make them all the same size.
>
> Thanks for suggestions.
>
> Ken

> font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot; margin-
> left: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-top: 0in;">
> <th colspan="3">
> Nov. 18 - Friday
> </th>
> 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
> Chair: Ruth Anne Reese, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY
> New IBR Research Groups </a>
> 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
> Chair: Paul Ferris <BR/> Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN
> Session #: P18-302 - <a href="emerging.abstract.doc">Emerging
> Scholarship on the Old Testament </a>
> &nbsp;
> 7:00 PM Annual Meeting
> 7:00 PM
> Lee McDonald, IBR Presidnt
> Welcome
> 7:05 PM
> Robbie Castleman <BR/> John Brown University
> Opening Prayer and Scripture Reading
> 7:20 PM
> Danny Carroll
> Main Paper
> 8:20 PM
> K. K. Yeo
> Responding
> <BR/>
> <BR/>
> <th colspan="3">
> Nov. 19 Saturday 8:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. IBR Morning Session
> </th>
>
> I apologize if this looks goofy on your screen. It looks goofy on
> mine.

Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
Result: 43 Errors, 1 warning(s)

Is it not better to solv this first?

--
Regards,

Gerard Schaefers

Website: http://www.sjeef.eu

' Vergeten' groenten? Nieuwe rubriek:
http://www.sjeef.eu/Nederlands/Recep...0groenten.html

OccasionalFlyer

On Jul 31, 10:32*pm, "Sjeef" <sjeeef@(REMOVETHIS)gmail.com> wrote:
> "OccasionalFlyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in berichtnews:(E-Mail Removed)
>

> > I tried to post this Friday night but for some reason it has not shown
> > up that I can see, so if that's wrong, sorry.

> > I'm trying to debug a problem with a group of tables I created to
> > improve the appearance of information on an annual meeting of an
> > academic group I'm the volunteer web person for (www.ibr-bbr.org*near
> > the bottom of the page). *I'm having two problems with the tables. *I
> > have three main tables and the first of the three contains two tables.
> > I have two problems that come from the code below.
> > 1. In the first main table I can't get the table header to span 3
> > columns.

> > 2. *After the first inner table, all the following tables are too far
> > to left and not the same size. Is there a simple way to require them
> > all to start at the same point. I am guessing the width attribute
> > would make them all the same size.

> > Thanks for suggestions.

> > Ken

> > font-family: &quot;Times New Roman&quot;,&quot;serif&quot; margin-
> > left: 0in; margin-right: 0in; margin-top: 0in;">
> > <th *colspan="3">
> > Nov. 18 - Friday
> > </th>
> > 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
> > Chair: Ruth Anne Reese, Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY
> > New IBR Research Groups </a>
> > 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
> > Chair: Paul Ferris <BR/> Bethel Seminary, St. Paul, MN
> > Session #: P18-302 - <a href="emerging.abstract.doc">Emerging
> > Scholarship on the Old Testament </a>
> > * *</td>
> > &nbsp;
> > *7:00 PM Annual Meeting
> > *7:00 PM
> > *Lee McDonald, IBR Presidnt
> > *Welcome
> > *7:05 PM
> > *Robbie Castleman <BR/> John Brown University
> > * Opening Prayer and Scripture Reading
> > 7:20 PM
> > Danny Carroll
> > Main Paper
> > 8:20 PM
> > K. K. Yeo
> > Responding
> > <BR/>
> > <BR/>
> > * <th colspan="3">
> > Nov. 19 Saturday 8:30 A.M.-12:30 P.M. IBR Morning Session
> > * *</th>

> > I apologize if this looks goofy on your screen. *It looks goofy on
> > mine.

> Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
> * * * Result: 43 Errors, 1 warning(s)
>
> Is it not better to solv this first?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Gerard Schaefers
>
> Website:http://www.sjeef.eu
>
> ' Vergeten' groenten? *Nieuwe rubriek:http://www.sjeef.eu/Nederlands/Recep...groenten.html- Hide quoted text -

Gerard,

Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.

Ken

MG

>> Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
>> Result: 43 Errors, 1 warning(s)
>>
>> Is it not better to solv this first?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gerard Schaefers

> Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
>tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
>Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.
>
>Ken

Use these 2 pages to validate:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

The first validates html, the second css.

MG

dorayme

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)
m>,
OccasionalFlyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip long quote

> Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
> tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
> Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.

There is something you *can* do, and that is not quote so much
stuff that no one will read. Even a Google Grouper can do this if
they just try a little.

--
dorayme

Sjeef

"OccasionalFlyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> On Jul 31, 10:32 pm, "Sjeef" <sjeeef@(REMOVETHIS)gmail.com> wrote:
>> "OccasionalFlyer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
>> berichtnews:(E-Mail Removed)
>>> I tried to post this Friday night but for some reason it has not
>>> shown up that I can see, so if that's wrong, sorry.

>>> I'm trying to debug a problem with a group of tables I created to
>>> improve the appearance of information on an annual meeting of an
>>> academic group I'm the volunteer web person for (www.ibr-bbr.org
>>> near the bottom of the page). I'm having two problems with the
>>> tables. I have three main tables and the first of the three
>>> contains two tables. I have two problems that come from the code
>>> below.
>>> 1. In the first main table I can't get the table header to span 3
>>> columns.

>>> 2. After the first inner table, all the following tables are too far
>>> to left and not the same size. Is there a simple way to require them
>>> all to start at the same point. I am guessing the width attribute
>>> would make them all the same size.

>>> Thanks for suggestions.

>>> Ken

>> Errors found while checking this document as XHTML 1.0 Transitional!
>> Result: 43 Errors, 1 warning(s)
>>
>> Is it not better to solv this first?
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Gerard Schaefers

> Gerard,
>
> Yes, I'd always rather solve my errors myself first. I don't have a
> tool that will parse HTML and tell me errors and when I bring up the
> Error Console in FIrefox it doesn't say anything of interest. Thanks.
>
> Ken

You can validate the HTML and CSS code online with:
http://http://validator.w3.org/

table alignment tolobe HTML 3 11-04-2007 02:17 AM
table alignment Max HTML 5 01-05-2005 10:55 AM
Table alignment Mike T. HTML 2 08-27-2004 07:20 PM
alignment without table M HTML 1 07-03-2004 05:23 PM
table alignment prob Tomba HTML 0 11-15-2003 11:11 AM

Advertisments