Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > JDK 1.7 downloads?

Reply
Thread Tools

JDK 1.7 downloads?

 
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?

Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
Most of computer code is for telling the computer
what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luuk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 30-07-2011 16:14, Roedy Green wrote:
> What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?
>
> Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.


http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs

1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
download.java.net:80"

on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

--
Luuk
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Luuk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 30-07-2011 17:03, Luuk wrote:
> On 30-07-2011 16:14, Roedy Green wrote:
>> What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?
>>
>> Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.

>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs
>
> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
> download.java.net:80"
>
> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"
>


or:
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html



--
Luuk
 
Reply With Quote
 
Roedy Green
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :

>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs
>
>1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
>download.java.net:80"
>
>on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"


I follow through to
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-355137.html

Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip

Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.

Is there another way to get it?

I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com
Most of computer code is for telling the computer
what do if some very particular thing goes wrong.
 
Reply With Quote
 
markspace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 7/30/2011 8:03 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 30-07-2011 16:14, Roedy Green wrote:
>> What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?
>>
>> Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.

>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs
>
> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
> download.java.net:80"
>
> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"
>



There's also a link in the JDK README.html file to the same page, with a
helpful internal page reference:

<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html#docs>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Knute Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 7/30/2011 8:11 AM, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
> quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs
>>
>> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
>> download.java.net:80"
>>
>> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

>
> I follow through to
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-355137.html
>
> Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip
>
> Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
> oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
>
> Is there another way to get it?
>
> I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.


I went snooping around yesterday and found it but I can't find it again.
If you want a copy of jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip let
me know and I'll email it to you or put it up for a few minutes on the
web server.

Email me, [the 9th month]@knutejohnson.com

--

Knute Johnson
 
Reply With Quote
 
markspace
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 7/30/2011 8:11 AM, Roedy Green wrote:

>
> I follow through to
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-355137.html
>
> Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip



This looks like Java 6, update 25. Not Java 7.

>
> Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
> oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
>
> I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.



My Java 7 docs download came from download.oracle.com. I don't know
what llnwd.net is, but I think you probably wasted Oracle's time
reporting someone else's server problem to them.



 
Reply With Quote
 
Luuk
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 30-07-2011 17:11, Roedy Green wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
> quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>
>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs
>>
>> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
>> download.java.net:80"
>>
>> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

>
> I follow through to
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-355137.html
>


Hmm, i thought i read that you ws looking for JDK7 docs.

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-435117.html


> Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip
>
> Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
> oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
>
> Is there another way to get it?
>
> I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.



--
Luuk
 
Reply With Quote
 
Knute Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
On 7/30/2011 8:38 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 30-07-2011 17:11, Roedy Green wrote:
>> On Sat, 30 Jul 2011 17:03:43 +0200, Luuk<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote,
>> quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said :
>>
>>> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs
>>>
>>> 1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
>>> download.java.net:80"
>>>
>>> on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

>>
>> I follow through to
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-355137.html
>>

>
> Hmm, i thought i read that you ws looking for JDK7 docs.
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-435117.html
>
>
>> Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip
>>
>> Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
>> oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.
>>
>> Is there another way to get it?
>>
>> I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.

>
>


That's where I got them yesterday. I just can't figure out how I got
there .

--

Knute Johnson
 
Reply With Quote
 
Stanimir Stamenkov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-30-2011
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 08:46:47 -0700, /Knute Johnson/:
> On 7/30/2011 8:38 AM, Luuk wrote:
>
>> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ad-435117.html

>
> That's where I got them yesterday. I just can't figure out how I got
> there .


markspace has already given a reference in another reply:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/ja...ndex.html#docs

--
Stanimir
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JDK 1.5 or JDK 1.6 Pep Java 19 07-15-2007 12:06 AM
regarding JDk 141 and JDK 122 for linux 64 bit Platform Jaggu Java 3 01-08-2007 10:47 AM
What is the difference between J2EE, JDK, JDK-SDK, JRE and J2SE packages ? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 08-10-2006 07:12 PM
jEdit: compiles JDK 1.5.0 ok, but runs JDK 1.4.1 (why?) Thomas G. Marshall Java 5 08-06-2004 04:12 AM
Help with converting IDS from JDK 1.1 to JDK 1.4 Babar Java 1 05-20-2004 09:11 PM



Advertisments