Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > iPhone SLR Mount turns a smartphone into a serious camera

iPhone SLR Mount turns a smartphone into a serious camera

John Turco

Sandman wrote:

> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > > Sandman wrote:
> > >
> > > Manual focus, which the iPhone will be working hard to work against
> > > with its autofocus.
> > >
> > > Manual aperture. Only viable if you have really old lenses.
> > >
> > > Shoots pictures upside-down (no reflector in lens mount)
> > >
> > > Loses 2 f-stops of speed on every lens
> > >
> > > This is one of the silliest things right now. No one in their right
> > > mind would buy this.

> > Come now, Sandy. As you'd wanted people to be more tolerant of your
> > own, recent "Lensbaby" purchase -- you, yourself, should be a bit
> > more broad-minded, in judging this new "iPhone SLR Mount" gadget.

> Please, Janey.
>
> I wouldn't have minded if someone would have called the lens baby the
> silliest thing right now and say that one wouldn't be right in their
> mind to buy one, some even hinted at opinions in that direction even!
>

> I stand by my assessment of this product!

Such a firm position! Don't you Swedes favor neutrality, nomally?

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Sandman

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Please, Janey.
> >
> > I wouldn't have minded if someone would have called the lens baby the
> > silliest thing right now and say that one wouldn't be right in their
> > mind to buy one, some even hinted at opinions in that direction even!
> >

> > I stand by my assessment of this product!

> Such a firm position! Don't you Swedes favor neutrality, nomally?

Only if asked by germans!

--
Sandman[.net]

John Turco

Sandman wrote:

> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> > John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > > Sandman wrote:
> > >
> > > Please, Janey.
> > >
> > > I wouldn't have minded if someone would have called the lens baby the
> > > silliest thing right now and say that one wouldn't be right in their
> > > mind to buy one, some even hinted at opinions in that direction even!
> > >

> > > I stand by my assessment of this product!

> > Such a firm position! Don't you Swedes favor neutrality, nomally?

> Only if asked by germans!

Indeed, those powerful predators (i.e., Germany and Russia) were often
dire threats to their smaller neighbors. Sweden was always a far better
artful dodger, than Poland could ever hope to be.

(Geography was also a factor, no doubt, with Poland sandwiched by the
aforementioned giants.)

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Wolfgang Weisselberg

Sandman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> > I stand by my assessment of this product!

>> Such a firm position! Don't you Swedes favor neutrality, nomally?

> Only if asked by germans!

Vill yuh be neutral or vill ve invade yuh tonigt? Yuh hav
te choize ...

-Wolfgang