Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Britain bans HORRIBLY air-brushed ad featuring Julia Roberts

Reply
Thread Tools

Britain bans HORRIBLY air-brushed ad featuring Julia Roberts

 
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2011
Disgusting (the photo work). WAY more than just airbrushing wrinkles
was done. Does this product get rid of bad face lifts, congenitally-
malformed lips and does it alter the jaw-line??!!

From CNN:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/136780854

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...an/index.html?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-28-2011
On 7/28/2011 10:15 AM, RichA wrote:
> Disgusting (the photo work). WAY more than just airbrushing wrinkles
> was done. Does this product get rid of bad face lifts, congenitally-
> malformed lips and does it alter the jaw-line??!!
>
> From CNN:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/136780854
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...an/index.html?


Misleading advertising? What rock have you been living under.


BTW
You have never answered my prior questions about your expertise and
qualifications. Why am I not surprised.

What rock have you

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andrew Brydon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On 28/07/2011 15:15, RichA wrote:
> Disgusting (the photo work). WAY more than just airbrushing wrinkles
> was done. Does this product get rid of bad face lifts, congenitally-
> malformed lips and does it alter the jaw-line??!!
>
> From CNN:
>
> http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/136780854
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...an/index.html?


It's possibly worth noting that one of the ads was only successfully
banned, at least in part, because the advertiser couldn't prove how much
airbrushing had been done. This is a requirement of the UK Advertising
Standards Agency during investigations when the public complain.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14304802

--
Andrew Brydon
Life is just the beta-version of death
 
Reply With Quote
 
John A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 07:15:49 -0700 (PDT), RichA <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Disgusting (the photo work). WAY more than just airbrushing wrinkles
>was done. Does this product get rid of bad face lifts, congenitally-
>malformed lips and does it alter the jaw-line??!!
>
>From CNN:
>
>http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/image/136780854
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe...an/index.html?


Good for the UK, but I couldn't get past "Teint Miracle" in the 2nd
article. LOL
 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On 7/28/2011 11:16 PM, Rich wrote:
> trotsky<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> On 7/28/11 9:15 AM, RichA wrote:
>>> Disgusting (the photo work).

>>
>> Can you show us some real good photo work, then?
>>

>
> "real good?" What English is that?


More understandable than some of the statements you've made.

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On Jul 29, 8:11*am, Richard Brooks <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> Rich said the following on 29/07/2011 04:16:
>
> > trotsky<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote in
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>
> >> On 7/28/11 9:15 AM, RichA wrote:
> >>> Disgusting (the photo work).

>
> >> Can you show us some real good photo work, then?

>
> > "real good?" *What English is that?

>
> American?


Retarded.
 
Reply With Quote
 
RichA
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On Jul 29, 8:21*am, PeterN <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 7/28/2011 11:16 PM, Rich wrote:
>
> > trotsky<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote in
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>
> >> On 7/28/11 9:15 AM, RichA wrote:
> >>> Disgusting (the photo work).

>
> >> Can you show us some real good photo work, then?

>
> > "real good?" *What English is that?

>
> More understandable than some of the statements you've made.
>
> --
> Peter


So, er, what did you think of the images? Or is that sticking too
close to the subject for your comfort?
 
Reply With Quote
 
PeterN
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On 7/29/2011 8:48 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Jul 29, 8:21 am, PeterN<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 7/28/2011 11:16 PM, Rich wrote:
>>
>>> trotsky<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):

>>
>>>> On 7/28/11 9:15 AM, RichA wrote:
>>>>> Disgusting (the photo work).

>>
>>>> Can you show us some real good photo work, then?

>>
>>> "real good?" What English is that?

>>
>> More understandable than some of the statements you've made.
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>
> So, er, what did you think of the images? Or is that sticking too
> close to the subject for your comfort?


Seems to me you changed the topic.

--
Peter
 
Reply With Quote
 
John A.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:20:04 -0500, trotsky <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 7/29/11 7:47 AM, RichA wrote:
>> On Jul 29, 8:11 am, Richard Brooks<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>> Rich said the following on 29/07/2011 04:16:
>>>
>>>> trotsky<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>>
>>>>> On 7/28/11 9:15 AM, RichA wrote:
>>>>>> Disgusting (the photo work).
>>>
>>>>> Can you show us some real good photo work, then?
>>>
>>>> "real good?" What English is that?
>>>
>>> American?

>>
>> Retarded.

>
>
>Cocksucker alert.


ITYM "cocksuckery", or maybe "cocksuckerly", depending on whether
"alert" was supposed to be a noun or verb. The latter could at least
pass as an imperative sentence.

HTH
 
Reply With Quote
 
Nervous Nick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-29-2011
On Jul 28, 11:56*pm, reilloc <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 7/28/2011 10:16 PM, Rich wrote:
>
> > trotsky<(E-Mail Removed)> *wrote in
> >news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>
> >> On 7/28/11 9:15 AM, RichA wrote:
> >>> Disgusting (the photo work).

>
> >> Can you show us some real good photo work, then?

>
> > "real good?" *What English is that?

>
> More than good enough that it's clear you're begging the question, dopey.


If you mean, "bringing up the question" then why don't you say just
that, instead of misusing the term "begging the question?"

Begging the question does not mean to bring up the question. Begging
the question is a term of logic. It refers to presenting as true a
premise that requires proof; i.e., assuming that a conclusion is true
before it is proved--or assuming in the premises of your argument what
is supposed to be proved in the conclusion.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yahoo email SUX!!! horribly dh@. Computer Information 4 10-01-2010 03:43 PM
"gem install mysql" failing horribly on OS X leaopard Doug Livesey Ruby 2 11-16-2009 09:17 AM
Julia Roberts Is Not Pretty ronnstuart@gmail.com DVD Video 7 04-09-2009 11:06 AM
Horribly noobful string question SeNTry Python 4 12-15-2005 01:23 AM
horribly impossible debugging task Ara.T.Howard Ruby 11 09-22-2004 06:19 PM



Advertisments