Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Chris Torek

Chris Torek

Eric Sosman

On 8/1/2011 3:22 PM, Chad wrote:
> On Jul 28, 12:48 pm, "J. J. Farrell"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Todd Carnes wrote:

>>> Never heard of the guy... but apparently he likes cats, if the guy at
>>> this site is the same one...<http://67.40.109.61/torek/index.html>

>> Never heard of Chris Torek? The end of the world is nigh ...

> Reading a typical Chris Torek response is kind of like when my ex
> girlfriend talked about menstrual her cycle. It just kind of goes over
> my head after the first minute.

Your head probably deserved it. <plonk>

--
Eric Sosman

Uno

On 7/28/2011 12:04 PM, Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
> Todd Carnes<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Weld, 27 Jul 2011 21:47:19 -0600, Uno wrote:

>>> Chris Torek's everywhere in C, which I've realized in particular since
>>> I've studied linux, where of course his name is on the letterhead.

>> Never heard of the guy... but apparently he likes cats, if the guy at
>> this site is the same one...<http://67.40.109.61/torek/index.html>

> Yes, that's him. He used to post here until two or three
> years ago and each and every posting was very useful and
> helpful - I think all regulars agreed on that (something
> not happening too often And his "tutorial" at
>
> http://67.40.109.61/torek/c/index.html
>
> is still very worth reading and understanding. It's a pity
> and a loss for this group that he stopped posting here...
>
> Regards, Jens

I remember on one particular occasion when Cbfalconer and Keith Thompson
had announced my departure that he crossed that line of stupid orthodoxy
and gave me the 4 paragraphs of what I was looking for.

--
Uno

Uno

On 7/28/2011 4:31 PM, Seebs wrote:
> On 2011-07-28, Todd Carnes<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:47:19 -0600, Uno wrote:
>>> Chris Torek's everywhere in C, which I've realized in particular since
>>> I've studied linux, where of course his name is on the letterhead.

>> Never heard of the guy... but apparently he likes cats, if the guy at
>> this site is the same one...<http://67.40.109.61/torek/index.html>

> That would be him, yeah. He used to post here more, back when he was
> at BSDi, or Berkeley before that. I worked at BSDi for a while, and nowadays
> we're both in Wind River's Linux group, doing various toolchain and build
> system stuff.
>
> Basically, if you use WR Linux, and you think the compiler is wrong, I'm
> the guy whose job is to make you not feel bad about finding out your code
> was at fault. (Actually, the compiler is sometimes wrong.)
>
> -s

And here I was looking for the reason that you're a prejudiced prick.
--
Uno

SaKinA Intelligent

Hi there
URL http://infoterms.com is a Free resource of Categorized Glossary, Dictionary, Definition of Terms, Define Abbreviations, info Essay, Articles and Resources of Information in Every Area and Subject visit URL http://infoterms.com

Category Administration and Account
http://infoterms.com/category/terms-...on-and-account

Glossary of Book publishing terms
http://infoterms.com/glossary-of-boo...terms-539.html

Dictionary of Accounting Terms
http://infoterms.com/glossary-of-acc...terms-525.html

Glossary of Human rights education and experience terms
http://infoterms.com/glossary-of-hum...terms-466.html

Dictionary of Security Terms and definitions
http://infoterms.com/dictionary-of-s...tions-406.html

Glossary of Education Terms
http://infoterms.com/glossary-of-edu...terms-358.html

Dictionary of data base administrator Terms
http://infoterms.com/dictionary-of-d...terms-322.html
Regards,
Admin Team
http://infoterms.com

Bill Cunningham

Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
.... It's a pity
> and a loss for this group that he stopped posting here...

As it seems everyone with any sanity has. Neither does Torvalds or
Dennis RItchie post here.

James Kuyper

On 08/07/2011 09:41 PM, Bill Cunningham wrote:
> Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
> ... It's a pity
>> and a loss for this group that he stopped posting here...

> As it seems everyone with any sanity has. ...

I note that you still post here.

Malcolm McLean

On Aug 8, 4:41*am, "Bill Cunningham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
>
> ... It's a pity
>
> > and a loss for this group that he stopped posting here...

> As it seems everyone with any sanity has. Neither does Torvalds or
> Dennis RItchie post here.

Some people did a lot of damage to the group. Most of them have now
stopped posting, but we haven't rebuilt yet.

Jack

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:22:37 -0700, Malcolm McLean wrote:
> On Aug 8, 4:41*am, "Bill Cunningham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
>>
>> ... It's a pity
>>
>> > and a loss for this group that he stopped posting here...

>> As it seems everyone with any sanity has. Neither does Torvalds or
>> Dennis RItchie post here.
>>

> Some people did a lot of damage to the group. Most of them have now
> stopped posting, but we haven't rebuilt yet.

Yes, it will take a long time for Richard HeathField's poisonous legacy
to be overcome.

Keith Thompson

Jack <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:22:37 -0700, Malcolm McLean wrote:
>> On Aug 8, 4:41*am, "Bill Cunningham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Jens Thoms Toerring wrote:
>>>
>>> ... It's a pity

>>> As it seems everyone with any sanity has. Neither does Torvalds or
>>> Dennis RItchie post here.
>>>

>> Some people did a lot of damage to the group. Most of them have now
>> stopped posting, but we haven't rebuilt yet.

> Yes, it will take a long time for Richard HeathField's poisonous legacy
> to be overcome.

*plonk*

Nokia

OT, ATTN: Chris Smith; TOPIC: Jinx Oliver Wong Java 5 04-26-2006 12:28 AM
Aliasing/Torek's strtod() experience Adam Warner C Programming 9 07-13-2005 10:48 PM
Aliasing/Torek's strtod() experience Adam Warner C Programming 0 06-29-2005 01:23 AM
Come in Chris foghorn seeker MCSE 5 09-16-2003 12:37 PM
ASP.NET - Attn::Chris Jackson AV ASP .Net 0 08-05-2003 01:36 PM

Advertisments