Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Re: now you can code your java programs directly online!

Re: now you can code your java programs directly online!

lewbloch

Rajesh Moorjani wrote:
> hi all,
>
> if [sic] youre [sic] looking to learn and write java [sic] code, *you can now code your
> java [sic] programs directly online at ...

Please do not multipost. It's rude, fragments conversations, and
fools people into thinking you might be a spammer.

Limited cross-posting is acceptable, although posting to both clj.help
and clj.programmer is somewhat redundant.

Multiposting is evil.

--
Lew

Rajesh Moorjani

sorry about the cross-posting Lew. will be more careful next time!

rajesh

On Jul 25, 12:03*am, lewbloch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rajesh Moorjani wrote:
> > hi all,

> > if [sic] youre [sic] looking to learn and write java [sic] code, *youcan now code your
> > java [sic] programs directly online at ...

> Please do not multipost. *It's rude, fragments conversations, and
> fools people into thinking you might be a spammer.
>
> Limited cross-posting is acceptable, although posting to both clj.help
> and clj.programmer is somewhat redundant.
>
> Multiposting is evil.
>
> --
> Lew

lewbloch

On Jul 25, 11:03*am, Rajesh Moorjani <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> sorry about the cross-posting Lew. will be more careful next time!

Please understand I am not saying anything bad about your site at all.

Just for reference, cross-posting is not evil, albeit to some people
it might be mildly annoying. I

lewbloch

On Jul 25, 11:14*am, lewbloch <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 11:03*am, Rajesh Moorjani <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > sorry about the cross-posting Lew. will be more careful next time!

> Please understand I am not saying anything bad about your site at all.
>
> Just for reference, cross-posting is not evil, albeit to some people
> it might be mildly annoying. *

Sorry - hit ENTER too quickly.

Cross-posting is the placement of multiple newsgroups into the *same*
post. In other words, you send once and it appears in multiple
groups. For example, this post is cross-posted. Multi-posting is the
placement of *separate* posts with substantially the same content, but
sent individually one-by-one into multiple groups. It is multi-
posting that is bad. Cross-posting is all right, if you are
judicious. Don't send the same message to wildly different groups at
once, and consider carefully if more than one group really needs to
see the post.

A good example of cross-posting is when a post about comparisons
between C# and Java appears in a newsgroup about each language
simultaneously. A bad example is when a post appears in a Java
newsgroup and one about Justin Bieber, particularly if it's about
neither topic.

Carry on with your good work.

--
Lew