Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Re: Dialling 101

Re: Dialling 101

Peter Watson

On 23/07/2011 15:24, Andrew Benham wrote:
> The monthly newsletter for our ward from the Metropolitan Police tells
> that we can now dial 101 to report non-emergency crimes.
>
> There's info at:
>
> http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...iour/DG_185338
>
> Bearing in mind the response we often get in this area to reporting
> emergency crimes, I guess dialling 101 will be a waste of time.

Is there an obligation for all providers to provide the correct routing
for 101?

I use VOIP (Sipgate) exclusively for my outgoing calls for instance...
What about people who only have mobiles?

Gordon Henderson

In article <mREWp.19895$(E-Mail Removed)2>,
Peter Watson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 23/07/2011 15:24, Andrew Benham wrote:
>> The monthly newsletter for our ward from the Metropolitan Police tells
>> that we can now dial 101 to report non-emergency crimes.
>>
>> There's info at:
>>

>http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/CrimeJus...iour/DG_185338
>>
>> Bearing in mind the response we often get in this area to reporting
>> emergency crimes, I guess dialling 101 will be a waste of time.

>Is there an obligation for all providers to provide the correct routing
>for 101?
>
>I use VOIP (Sipgate) exclusively for my outgoing calls for instance...
>What about people who only have mobiles?

Sipgate (via Magrathea) ought to support 101 as well as 111 (non emergency
NHS number)

I'd give it a go and see what happens

Gordon

Owain

On Jul 24, 8:26*am, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Sipgate (via Magrathea) ought to support 101 as well as 111 (non emergency
> NHS number)

That might be interesting as my Sipgate number is 020 3

Obviously the *phone* isn't anywhere near London (and the '999'-
associated emergency address is correctly registered)

Owain