Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Validation controls work differently on remote server

Re: Validation controls work differently on remote server

Peter Afonin

You were correct. I asked my provider to follow your instructions and to
install javascript includes, they did it and now it all works fine. Thank
you!

"P.J. Pirrello" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's possibly that the remote server doesn't have the aspnet_client
> javascript includes installed. If they aren't available, I believe the
> client side validation will not function, and you will only get the server
> side validation (which validates only after a postback) You should get a
> javascript error though, so not 100% sure. You can install the client

side

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de..._regiisexe.asp

> Hope that helps,
> -PJ Pirrello
>
> "Peter Afonin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello:
> >
> > I have several aspx pages with multiple validation controls. On my PC

they
> > work as they should - if validation fails, the error messages are

> displayed
> > and the page is not submitted.
> >
> > When I upload my web site to the remote server (which is my web hosting
> > provider's server) they work differently. The error messages are still
> > displayed if validation fails, however, it doesn't prevent the page from
> > being submitted.
> >
> > Why is this happening? Can I do something about it, or I should ask my
> > hosting provider to modify something?
> >
> > I would appreciate your advice.
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > --
> > Peter Afonin

It's New! It's Beige!

Peter Afonin wrote:
> You were correct. I asked my provider to follow your instructions and to

> "P.J. Pirrello" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>includes by running aspnet_regiis -c.

man, thanks for posting that.

you saved my ass on a project with that **** !