Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > aspnet_regiis

aspnet_regiis

=?Utf-8?B?QnJlbmRhbiBXYXJk?=

I am currently running IIS 5.0 on my Windows 2000 domain controller. When I try to copy the asp.net client side scripts to the aspnet_client subdirectory of each IIS site directory using the command "aspnet_regiis -i" I receive the following error

An error has occurred (0x80070005
You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this tool

Is this because my server is a domain controller and therefore has no local administrative account?

Paul Glavich [MVP - ASP.NET]

It can have a local admin account, but the account you are using is
obviously not one. You will need to get a sys admin to add you into that
group, or get them to run the command for you.

--
- Paul Glavich
Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

"Brendan Ward" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am currently running IIS 5.0 on my Windows 2000 domain controller. When

I try to copy the asp.net client side scripts to the aspnet_client
subdirectory of each IIS site directory using the command "aspnet_regiis -i"
I receive the following error:

> An error has occurred (0x80070005)
> You must have administrative rights on this machine in order to run this

tool.

> Is this because my server is a domain controller and therefore has no

local administrative account?

aspnet_regiis not working Random ASP .Net 3 03-05-2004 06:39 PM
aspnet_regiis -i wont do the trick :( Lasse Edsvik ASP .Net 2 02-24-2004 10:19 AM
aspnet_regiis Q George Durzi ASP .Net 0 11-04-2003 05:09 PM
RE: aspnet_regiis problem Jim Cheshire [MSFT] ASP .Net 0 10-14-2003 06:29 PM
Ran aspnet_regiis.exe -i from 1.1 dir, but iis is not running 1.1 Kyle Jedrusiak ASP .Net 1 08-19-2003 01:19 AM

Advertisments