Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WEP/WPA Key / Network Key...Cant connect !

=?Utf-8?B?SGVsbG8sV2lyZWxlc3MgaXMgQW5ub3lpbmc=?=

There is probably an obvious solution to this, but my laptop will not connect
to the wireless network because it requires a network key. I thought I would
not need a key to connect but thats apparently not true, Ive tried creating a
new conection and manually entering a long network key to no avail. Does
anyone know if I can tweak something on the desktop that is hardwired to the
wireless modem, or is there something I must do to the laptop? Any comments
would be greatly appreciated, thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=

"Hello,Wireless is Annoying" wrote:
> There is probably an obvious solution to this, but my laptop will not connect
> to the wireless network because it requires a network key. I thought I would
> not need a key to connect but thats apparently not true, Ive tried creating a
> new conection and manually entering a long network key to no avail. Does
> anyone know if I can tweak something on the desktop that is hardwired to the
> wireless modem, or is there something I must do to the laptop? Any comments
> would be greatly appreciated, thanks

This really depends... is the wireless router yours or not
If it is your's, simply reset it's key (WinXP wireless network wizard can be
handy here). Otherwise you stay outside

--PA