Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > Internet not working on laptop, wireless / router / all other pc are fine...

Internet not working on laptop, wireless / router / all other pc are fine...

lovellj102 lovellj102 is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I hope someone can help me..

I have 3 laptops, 2 of them connect wireless to my router and the internet works fine using that connection method.

However my third laptop says its connected to the wireless router and has full signal but when i click into internet explorer or firefox they say failed to connect to server and i cant use the internet.

i have done the standard, repairing the wireless connection and resetting the IP etc but still nothing.

as both my other laptops work fine it cant be the router. the wireless card on the 3rd laptop seems to be working too as its connect at full strength. so the only thing i can think of is it must be some incorrect settings somewhere or possibly a virus...

any ideas??

Thanks
John

ZeLo ZeLo is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovellj102 View Post
Hi,

I hope someone can help me..

I have 3 laptops, 2 of them connect wireless to my router and the internet works fine using that connection method.

However my third laptop says its connected to the wireless router and has full signal but when i click into internet explorer or firefox they say failed to connect to server and i cant use the internet.

i have done the standard, repairing the wireless connection and resetting the IP etc but still nothing.

as both my other laptops work fine it cant be the router. the wireless card on the 3rd laptop seems to be working too as its connect at full strength. so the only thing i can think of is it must be some incorrect settings somewhere or possibly a virus...

any ideas??

Thanks
John
hey jhon zelo here try find outyour make of the laptop it should say on a sticker underneath then go onto the makers site and look up the modle then download the wireless drive and renstall it that should work or try a different explore like iron or chrome both very alike those two that should clear it up and did the 3rd laptop go on wireless before email me at Zelo37 (at sign)hotmail.comand we can work it out togeather sorry about the slow reply
Zelo out