Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Note book\ requirementss

Note book\ requirementss

Spencer G

I am about to replace my original Asus Eee note book, that's the one
with a 7" screen. Have trouble reading it so would like a 10" screen.
A leading retailer has a single core Asus with that screen at $413 and
a Acer Aspire dual core with the same size screen at $494. My question
is how important is the dual core. Intended use is the usaul email,
web sites like the Herald etc, all via WiFi,and saving from my
camera, and maybe watching video from a flash drive.
Any comments appreciated.
Thanks

Gordon

On 2011-07-16, Spencer G <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am about to replace my original Asus Eee note book,

Lawrence, come in.

that's the one
> with a 7" screen. Have trouble reading it so would like a 10" screen.

Heck, it is still going. Amazing in some ways.

> A leading retailer has a single core Asus with that screen at $413 and
> a Acer Aspire dual core with the same size screen at $494. My question
> is how important is the dual core.

How is your disposal income?

$83 for an extra core. Does that not tell you something. For me single cores
are so ... well even phones are going dual core.

A dual core is more future proofed.

Possible

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Spencer G
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am about to replace my original Asus Eee note book, that's the one
>with a 7" screen. Have trouble reading it so would like a 10" screen.
>A leading retailer has a single core Asus with that screen at $413 and
>a Acer Aspire dual core with the same size screen at $494. My question
>is how important is the dual core. Intended use is the usaul email,
>web sites like the Herald etc, all via WiFi,and saving from my
>camera, and maybe watching video from a flash drive.
>Any comments appreciated.
>Thanks

This is the one that I should go for, DSE has it for $349 and beats the
ones you list, as it has a faster CPU.

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/XC78...3627tu-netbook

Other shops are doing it for $379-699

http://www.pbtech.co.nz/index.php?z=p&p=NBKHNB1532243

Specks
Product Specifications
? Product Code : XC7827
? Packaged Weight (kg) 2.36
? Warranty Period 1 year
? Battery Type 6-Cell Lithium-ion (55Whr 2.55Ah)
? Bluetooth Compatible Yes
? Camera Type Webcam
? Chipset Intel NM10 Express Chipset
? Display Type LED
? Hard Drive Size 250GB
? Hard Drive Speed 7200-rpm
? Memory 1024MB DDR3 (1 DIMM)
? Microphone Yes
? Number Of USB Ports 3
? Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Starter
? Optical Drive Nil
? PC Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 (shared)
? PC Processor Intel Atom N570 (dual core)
? PC Processor Bus 667Mhz FSB
? PC Processor Speed 1.66 GHz
? Screen Resolution 1024 x 600
? Screen Size (Inch) 10.1
? Security Features Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
? Speakers Internal Stereo Speakers
? Wireless Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector) ;
802.11b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth

Hard to find the true Web cam specks.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/biz...ctID=c02761931

NOTE: it does not have a LAN port as I brought one for my wife.

Plus it has a None reflective screen.

Review.
http://apcmag.com/notebookhunter/hp-mini-110-3627tu.htm

http://www.priceme.co.nz/HP-Mini-110...884903511.aspx

Good Picture

Frank Williams

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am about to replace my original Asus Eee note book, that's the one
>with a 7" screen. Have trouble reading it so would like a 10" screen.
>A leading retailer has a single core Asus with that screen at $413 and
>a Acer Aspire dual core with the same size screen at $494. My question
>is how important is the dual core. Intended use is the usaul email,
>web sites like the Herald etc, all via WiFi,and saving from my
>camera, and maybe watching video from a flash drive.
>Any comments appreciated.
>Thanks

CORRECTION

HP Mini 110-3627tu

LAN port found, its under small cover on the back corner of the case,
but I found no reference to this in any Documentation.

Frank Williams

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am about to replace my original Asus Eee note book, that's the one
>with a 7" screen. Have trouble reading it so would like a 10" screen.
>A leading retailer has a single core Asus with that screen at $413 and
>a Acer Aspire dual core with the same size screen at $494. My question
>is how important is the dual core. Intended use is the usaul email,
>web sites like the Herald etc, all via WiFi,and saving from my
>camera, and maybe watching video from a flash drive.
>Any comments appreciated.
>Thanks

HP MINI 110-3627TU NETBOOK

**** CORRECTION ****

The LAN port is hidden under a small cover in the back corner of the
case, not listed in any documentation.

There are still limitation in using the Small screen as some programs
require 1024 x 768 even IE9 using Options has this problem as you cant
access the Apply or OK button at the bottom of the screen.

Even the HP Registration program has the same problem.

Some program can work if you make the task bar Auto hide.

Frank Williams

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:58:10 +1200, Frank Williams
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Spencer G
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I am about to replace my original Asus Eee note book, that's the one
>>with a 7" screen. Have trouble reading it so would like a 10" screen.
>>A leading retailer has a single core Asus with that screen at $413 and
>>a Acer Aspire dual core with the same size screen at $494. My question
>>is how important is the dual core. Intended use is the usaul email,
>>web sites like the Herald etc, all via WiFi,and saving from my
>>camera, and maybe watching video from a flash drive.
>>Any comments appreciated.
>>Thanks

>CORRECTION
>

>HP Mini 110-3627tu
>

>LAN port found, its under small cover on the back corner of the case,
>but I found no reference to this in any Documentation.

Found some software to check the Webcam its picturers shows them as
640 x 480