Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Support for both Web and Desktop front-ends [Architecture]

Support for both Web and Desktop front-ends [Architecture]

Arne Vajhøj

On 7/13/2011 12:21 AM, markspace wrote:
> On 7/12/2011 8:41 PM, Warren Tang wrote:
>> For the desktop front-end I
>> should use Swing + Spring + MyBatis? The Spring MVC can handle the two
>> front-ends and make sharing business logic easier?

> As far as I know Spring is web only. Its MVC frame work is aimed
> strictly at web applications; it won't integrate with Swing.
>
> I've not actually used Spring (though I've investigated it) but I'm 90%
> sure that's right. Check carefully before you assume otherwise.

Spring is many things.

Spring MVC is a web framework.

But lots of Spring stuff is relevant in non web context as well.

> Spring in general seems to be in disfavor in this group. It depends I
> suppose on what sort app you are planning, but you might look into
> something a bit newer at least.

Spring is extremely big.
The original Spring has added a gazillion sub projects.
The Spring people are always hyping their stuff ridiculously.

So a lot of people is ****ed over crap that does not live
up the hype.

But I somehow doubt that many people have tried every single
part of Spring and found that there were nothing useful.

Arne

Richard Maher

"Arne Vajhj" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4e28aded$0$309$(E-Mail Removed)...

> So a lot of people is ****ed over crap that does not live
> up the hype.

Bit intemperate for you Arne

> Arne

Cheers Richard Maher

Arne Vajhj

On 7/23/2011 8:13 PM, Richard Maher wrote:
> "Arne Vajhj"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4e28aded$0$309$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> So a lot of people is ****ed over crap that does not live
>> up the hype.

> Bit intemperate for you Arne