Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Good toolkit for creating program help

Good toolkit for creating program help

RedGrittyBrick

On 14/07/2011 10:16, Ross wrote:
> On Jul 14, 5:24 am, Roedy Green<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jul 2011 03:31:49 -0700 (PDT), Ross<(E-Mail Removed)>
>>
>>> Hi. I need to add help to an application. I'd like the standard table
>>> of contents plus the ability to search by keywords.

>> seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/help.html

> Hi. The Java glossary is a very useful resource in general. But, I'm
> not sure how the entry on "help" is relevant to the current question.

As readers may or may not know, Roedy often just scans questions for
keywords and then answers without attempting to understand the question.

As I recall his rationale is that other people, whose own questions
involve some of the same keywords, may encounter his answer when
searching the newsgroup archive, and some of them may therefore find the
answer useful even when the OP might not.

See past postings for prior critique of this approach.

--
RGB

Paul Cager

On Jul 14, 2:25*pm, RedGrittyBrick <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> On 14/07/2011 10:16, Ross wrote:
>
> > On Jul 14, 5:24 am, Roedy Green<(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:

> >> seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/help.html

> > Hi. The Java glossary is a very useful resource in general. But, I'm
> > not sure how the entry on "help" is relevant to the current question.

> As readers may or may not know, Roedy often just scans questions for
> keywords and then answers without attempting to understand the question.
>
> As I recall his rationale is that other people, whose own questions
> involve some of the same keywords, may encounter his answer when
> searching the newsgroup archive, and some of them may therefore find the
> answer useful even when the OP might not.
>
> See past postings for prior critique of this approach.

I think in this case Roedy just meant:

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javahelp.html

although that section doesn't contain much beyond a pointer the
JavaHelp site.