Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Periodically losing TCP connection through wireless adapter

Periodically losing TCP connection through wireless adapter

dan@sumption.org

I have a problem with one of my machines (using a Belkin pre-N network
card) - after about 30 minutes online, it loses its connection to the
network.

The machine does not seem to lose connection to the wireless router: it
always shows a good connection, and doesn't seem aware that it's
dropped off the network. However, if I try any kind of network
operations, even just pinging the router, I get no response at all.

If I select "Radio off" on the Belkin wireless client utility, and then
"Radio on" straight afterwards, it reconnects to the network instantly.

I thought it might be something to do with a conflict with Windows
wireless networking, but I have disabled Windows Zero Configuration and
the problem still occurs exactly as before.

I have a number of other computers connecting to the same router, and
none of them experience this problem.

Any suggestions?

netclectic netclectic is offline
Junior Member

I've been having the exact same problem. I don't suppose you managed to find a solution?