Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows 7 TSR icons...

Windows 7 TSR icons...

Roberto VALENTE

Good morning, I have various installations of Windows 7 64. On all of
them, I have the same problem: the TSR icons appear erratically on
startup. Let me explain: let's take PrintKey2000. Sometimes, the icon
will present itself in the systray, some other times it won't. The
program will work anyway, even without the icon being present. Is
there a fix for this, like there was for XP?

Regards, Roberto

Rob

On 06/07/2011 21:52, Roberto VALENTE wrote:
> Good morning, I have various installations of Windows 7 64. On all of
> them, I have the same problem: the TSR icons appear erratically on
> startup. Let me explain: let's take PrintKey2000. Sometimes, the icon
> will present itself in the systray, some other times it won't. The
> program will work anyway, even without the icon being present. Is
> there a fix for this, like there was for XP?
>
> Regards, Roberto

Check the individual icon settings for the system tray.
Perhaps the 'problem' ones are set to 'notification only'?

If not, it is worth noting that some 'system utility' type software
designed for older versions of windows doesn't work well with
Windows7, so you may need to look for compatible replacements
for those.

HTH,
--
Rob

Roberto VALENTE

Thanks Rob,

actually, I went into the registry and deleted all istances of
"iconstreams" and "pasticonstreams" and that worked. I think I am
gonna have to do it occasionaly, as I remove TSRs, but it works...

Ciao, Lupo

On Jul 7, 1:15*pm, Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 06/07/2011 21:52, Roberto VALENTE wrote:
>
> > Good morning, I have various installations of Windows 7 64. On all of
> > them, I have the same problem: the TSR icons appear erratically on
> > startup. Let me explain: let's take PrintKey2000. Sometimes, the icon
> > will present itself in the systray, some other times it won't. The
> > program will work anyway, even without the icon being present. Is
> > there a fix for this, like there was for XP?

> > Regards, Roberto

> Check the individual icon settings for the system tray.
> Perhaps the 'problem' ones are set to 'notification only'?
>
> If not, it is worth noting that some 'system utility' type software
> designed for older versions of windows doesn't work well with
> Windows7, so you may need to look for compatible replacements
> for those.
>
> HTH,
> --
> Rob

Symantec icon missing from Tsr tray? lbbs Computer Support 2 07-01-2006 05:12 PM
help me to write TSR through c deluxo C Programming 3 11-13-2005 01:18 PM
TSR Programming Seven Kast USA C Programming 0 07-13-2005 10:50 AM
writing tsr in c ashish C Programming 21 11-15-2003 04:04 PM
TSR Ebook Puneet Mahajan C Programming 1 09-16-2003 11:35 AM

Advertisments